• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Info for Crow hunters

Started by possumal, May 25, 2008, 10:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the latest dvd by Bob Aronsohn, "Crow shooting with Bob Aronsohn".  It achieves one of the hardest things sought out by all hunting dvd makers; it makes you feel like you are in the blind with Bob as some of the best crow shooting action unfolds that I have ever watched.  "The art of crow hunting" is certainly a great crow hunting dvd itself, but this latest one shows crow hunting like it used to be in Bob's Kansas hunting grounds.  I can't recommend it highly enough if any of you are interested in seeing some of the best techniques and best shooting you could ever ask to see.  Allpredatorcalls.com stocks this dvd, and I believe you can order it from Crowbusters.  One thing I got out of it quite clearly is that if a crow ever flies through this guy's sweet spot, the 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock swing, his ass is grass, simple as that. Kudos to Bob for making another great dvd.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

THO Game Calls

I've seen the other video, and this one sounds as good. 

If you ever want to really learn how to blow a crow call, get this guys instructional CD's.  He is amazing. 

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

possumal

You got that right, THO Al.  I got one of those last fall when Bob and I were planning a winter crow hunt in Ky.., and I listened to it while driving on my way coyote hunting, and practiced with the Mallardtone.  I honestly believe I could blow that thing the rest of my life and not get anywhere close to him.  Hell, there is one or two places in the dvd where he is shooting crows and blowing the damned call with it just hanging in his teeth.  I'd spit my dentures into the next zip code trying that trick (lol).  When you think about a guy killing over 125,000 crows over the years, it flat out blows you away.  His standards are so high that if a feller could come anywhere close to him, you'd have to kill a bunch of crows.  He tickles hell out of me talking to 'em, thing like "Goodbye" and "Wow, I bet that hurt".  Most of the time it appears he hits them dead center in his pattern, and with him shooting a full choke most of the time, that is a potent charge for the crow to run into.  Bob is one of those fellows with plenty of confidence in his callling, techniques, and shooting ability, but he can sure back up that confidence with results.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

I'll haveta put that on my birthday list .... if I can wait till July.  :shrug: