• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Firearm storage - Cocked or Uncocked

Started by KySongDog, November 23, 2008, 09:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LORDDAL

Quote from: vvarmitr on November 24, 2008, 07:56:19 AM
Leaving the action on a semi-auto open, does that take the tension off the spring?  :shrug:
I agree with semp about this but since the only semi I own is my ar which is always locked n loaded at the house I know it most likely puts tension on springs in a pump as well but my thinking with my pumps is an open actions is alot faster to load if the need arises
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Quote from: iahntr on November 24, 2008, 06:32:31 PM
I saw where people make snap caps out of spent rounds.  Some people like to save the money, especially if they have many different calibers, some just like to tinker. They take the spent casing, drill out the primer, trim down an eraser off the end of a pencil so it fits snugly and epoxy it into the primer hole.
Scott

I have not heard of this before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.  At the very least it would be better than dry firing.  I envision a new business starting up (not for me since the eraser is the first part of a pencil to be used by me) that of eraser turner. 

Jerry

brad9920

Brad