• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Goose layout blinds

Started by BigB, January 09, 2009, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

Have you guys read any reviews comparing the various ground layout blinds?  I may be in the market to buy one, but I wanna get the scoop on them to see which one that I want.  I'll be hunting in corn stubble fields primarily.  I'm 6'5" and around 240 lbs, so internal size of the blind will probably need to be on the longer side of things.

Thanks,
Brian

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Silencer

I've never personally used one and wished I could afford one :)

sending ya a pm

KySongDog

I have heard of coffin blinds but never used one.  Around here the goose pits have electricity, tv, electric pump, heat, a stove and, one I know of, has a sleeping room.  :nono:     There's no telling how many $$ are tied up in Big Foot decoys.   :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

topdawg

i would say the ellimator or one of the FA brand suv blinds would be your best bet ...i  use a finisher blind not much room im 6 foot ...im getting ready to upgrade to a FA SUV my self  :shrug:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Silencer

I think I'm going to pick up one of them Avery power hunters.  they're on sale at gander and I'm a small guy.  All the reviews I've read seem pretty good. 
Anything will be better than my kids boat-sled covered up with burlap i use :laugh3:

BigB

Silencer,

My brother has a power hunter.  You may want to try it out first in the store.  My brother says it isn't very easy to see out of the hood that goes over your head, and your gun is also outside of the blind.  So when birds come in, you have to flip the hood back, open up the door, and grab your gun and finally get to shoot if you can find your gun and the birds are still in range.  If it is windy, the hood will come back down and whack you in the back, so be careful of that too.  He does like how compact it gets for those times that he has to backpack it into the field a ways.

I ended up with a Tanglefree.  It is very, very similar to a SUB.  About the only difference is the thickness of the camo material.  Rogers sporting goods had all of the layout blinds on sale a few weeks back when I was there.  They had a khaki Finisher floor model that had a $100 sale sticker on it, but I am too tall for it, and decided to pass on it.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Silencer

Thanks for the heads up, didnt realize the gun would be outside the blind.  That actually sounds like a pain in the hind end.  ( havent actually looked at it yet, just seen it on sale in the paper ) 

I look at Rogers online catalog quite often, I cant believe some of the sales on ammo they have.