• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyote Vocalizations

Started by FinsnFur, December 07, 2006, 12:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Any contact info or anyone who would like to contact me can email to brent@ohioanimalcontrol.com or stop by the site at ohioanimimalcontrol.com and go to the contact page. would love to hear from anyone who wants to shoot the bull or talk coyotes! Also you can call me at (740) 894-5619 I may not answer but check in the office a couple times a day. Just on the road allot now! Jim done the website so just look over it!....lmao!

Brent

FinsnFur

I edited your email address in the post. It was adding the word "to" to it.
:wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

COYOTE INC

I am not trying to Hijack this Thread but a couple of months back there were coyotes at my brothers house that sounded just like owls.  We were out hunting and all I heard was an owl calling over and over about 50 yards into the woods the entire time we were there.  I packed up and started to leave from stand number one and asked my brother if he always hears the owls around his place.  He said that is what the coyotes have been sounding like and the coyote he shot the night before was making that same call before he shot it!  I was hesitant to believe him to say the least until we got to the trucks and heard another one across the road start making the same sound.  I took out my howler and did a Challenge Howl/bark sequence and sure enough the owl sound turned to a challenge response!
Anyone know what the owl sounds mean?
Thanks in Advance!

THO Game Calls

QuoteAnyone know what the owl sounds mean?

You have lots of owls around you.

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

Quote from: COYOTE INC on April 21, 2010, 07:24:15 AM
Anyone know what the owl sounds mean?
Thanks in Advance!

:confused: :confused:  Bullshit is real deep in your neck of the woods?  :shrug:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

In turkey hunting the owl sounds mean something like "who cooks for you" "who cooks for you all".  In coyote hunting I don't know what they mean tho.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

markTNhunter

:wo: are you sure there wasn't an owl and a coyote in the same area ive hunted yotes for 20 some years ant never heard one sound like an owl or maybe i have just thought it was an owl (lol) :confused: :confused: :confused:

vvarmitr

Well, we're all well aware of the coyotes ability to be adaptable.  ;yes;
I just bet they learnt that old Injun trick of sounding like an owl when a paleface came around.  :readthis:

Hooty hoo, hooty hoo