• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hi-Point Carbines?

Started by nastygunz, June 24, 2009, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Anybody own one?....they have a new tactical stock now looks pretty cool...crazy low price...Ive done a lot of reading on them and the reviews are really good...quite the cult following....thinking about grabbing one...plenty of mods available too.

Hawks Feather

I have not held a Hi-Point in several years and hopefully they have changed since then.  At that time they had a good following of people that wouldn't take the time to save enough to get a "real" gun.  They could have changed a great deal since then, so I think you need to get one and see how it works.

Jerry

alscalls

I have shot their hand guns......JUNK........I am glad I have never owned one.
I do not know any thing about their carbine but I hope they improved their quality or it will Bomb big time.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

A friend of mine has a 9mm Hi-Point pistol.  It is an expensive fishing weight.   A real jam-o-matic.  Very inaccurate to boot.  Don't buy one.   :nono:

Hawks Feather

Quit telling him that they are JUNK and not to buy one.  They are slapped together in Ohio and we need the sales.   :biggrin:   Seems the quality has not changed over the years, but I still think Nasty needs one - buy one to help the Ohio economy.

Jerry

alscalls

Is what it is....Like I said I do not know about the carbine yet  :eyebrow: Maybe they are trying to get better.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

I was lookin into them a year or two ago, and from what I was seein, they sounded pretty good.  :shrug:
If I remember correctly they sounded like they were pretty reliable too,  :shrug: and the accuracy was decent too.
Heck I'd look into them. The price is pretty good too, I'm not sure what they're going for now. When I was lookin
at them here's the stock that I liked, makes it look a lot like a Beretta Storm. To each there own as far as looks.

Scott
Scott

nastygunz

Ive done a lot of research and read a lot of reviews and the theme I keep hearing is that they are very reliable and eat any ammo and the company itself is very good to deal with...LOTS of folks on the hi-point forum swear by both the carbines and handguns....I called and the lady who i spoke to was a joy to talk to....theres a fella on northeast predators who loves his...so do any of you guys actually own, have owned one, or used one extensively?...or is your info just word of mouth?.... :wink:.....and as far as money and cost...theres lots of guns that dont cost a fortune that shoot pretty well.....well if I could find one id probably buy one but they cant keep em on the shelf?!

Frogman

As a certified Range Officer for IDPA compitition I have seen a few High Point pistols come through the stages I run.  Everyone seems to snicker when they see someone with one.  But I have never seen one fail.  Usually new shooters.  I don't know of any experienced shooters who use them??  I hear more good things about the carbine than the pistols.  I don't have one and have no plans to get one.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Bills Custom Calls

I own 2 carbines a 44 mag and a 9mm but they are not Hi-Points they are Marlins
I just put a scope on the 9mm and I think I am gonna like it as much as the 44 mag and the 44 mag is my go to rifle
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

nastygunz

In the last month ive seen a marlin 9 mm camp carbine and a ruger .44 mag carbine in a local shop but both were pretty hard used and the price was still pretty high.

Bills Custom Calls

Then it sounds to me like you have answered your own question
You will get what you pay for

If you want something cheap you will get cheap  :shrug:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

nastygunz,

I like playing with the high point little carbine. I have seen bad luck with the pistols myself in the past.I  dont know about the newer pistols other than they are ugly as hell. The little carbine I have shot a few thousand rounds through and they are fun as hell. 25 and 30 yards will bust cans all day long. Didn't have any problems with the little carbine with alot of different ammo brands.

I have found them to be a good price and good fun as far as  little carbines go. :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

nastygunz

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on June 27, 2009, 12:14:00 PM
Then it sounds to me like you have answered your own question
You will get what you pay for

If you want something cheap you will get cheap  :shrug:

It sounds more like CCP answered my question actually, thanks CCP :yoyo:...and I am not a believer in more money equals more quality in all cases  :wink:

Huntinbull

I have owned a c-9 hi-point compact 9mm. Also owned a full size .45 pistol from Hi-point. Both had issues when new with smokestack jams. I figured out if you load the mag one short of capacity, the jams go away. After some time being loaded and unloaded (shot) the mags stop jamming even when full.

As for the carbines, I have shot two 9mm and one .40cal. All handled well and shot better than fair. slightly heavy for size, just like the handguns. For the price I would definitely own another. Plan to if they ever build a .45 carbine. It would be a great truck gun for ranch or farm. Accurate within its range and the range of its cartridges.

Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

nastygunz

Got mine shes a lil rippa!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Well that depends...I live in NH/VT which is heavily forested so I think it would be a great mid range choice in the woods for coyote/fox/coon....obviously not practical for open fields and such...I gots a .223 for that...its got more pop then the .22wmr....ammo is pretty cheap...im really counting on it being slick in the woods...and Im mostly a handgun hunter so using that is like a luxury..the scope and gun feel great and come to the eye perfect...didnt you read the positive reviews on this thread?...wth JIMBO.... :biggrin:.....AND SINCE WHEN DOES A GUN HAVE TO BE PRACTICAL :shck: :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

Since when does a gun have to be practical? :laf:
Ok...you got me there, but only sorta.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com