• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Yote tracks

Started by awh, August 27, 2007, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Me and Cam (And Cam's mom) were riding through the mountains this weekend. She wanted to put the top down on the jeep and me and the turd wanted to look for some places to hunt this fall.
We found what I think may be the only white oaks in our county from what the other guys are telling me here. We also found several new places to call on National forest land too. As we were coming out of one place I found some yote tracks on the edge of the road. We followed them a ways and where a deer trail crosses the road we find a set of tracks from another yote that are almost as big as my snuff can. The road had a semi dried muddy edge to it and the track was not smeared. It was very clear.
Now if I had not had them w/ me I would have marked it off as me being me, but , and this is a big but, I was not drinking. Nor had I been drinking.) ( I did drink later that day, but thats another story :eyebrownod:)

There were 3 sets of tracks at the trail. The ones we started following, the big set and a set that looked to be a 1/2 grown pup. We also found a spot 20 yards below the road to make a good dirt hole set too. :biggrin:

Question is do you guys find tracks that size? These are by far the biggest yote tracks I've ever seen and I hope Cam can get a shot on it or pull it out of a trap this fall.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

awh

I know....I have a camera in the truck all the time, but her jeep is a different story. If we get back up there this week I'll take a pic. But as hot as it is here.....I find it hard to leave the AC :shrug:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Quote from: awh on August 27, 2007, 12:02:57 PM

Now if I had not had them w/ me I would have marked it off as me being me, but , and this is a big but, I was not drinking. Nor had I been drinking.) ( I did drink later that day, but thats another story :eyebrownod:)

:confused: marked what off.......I missed something. Are you surrrrrrre you werent drinking?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

awh

Marked off as me being blind in one eye & can't see out of the other....And didn't drink till I got home that night :biggrin:

Rich

awh ,
Would you E mail the GPS coordinates for the spot where you saw those coyote tracks please? cronkcalls@cox.net, cronkcalls@aol.com or Rich@www.cronkcalls.com should do it. I promise not to kill the coyotes that made the tracks. Did I mention that I lie a lot?
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Silvertip

aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

Rich

No, no Silvertip , it's coyote tracks alright. If it was coydog or domestic dog then AWH would have sent me the GPS coordinance by now. He wants to get that coyote himself ya see.   :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Field staff

fuzz624

//http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=570.0;attach=15

Awh,here are some that i found last season.They are not common but i have found a few even bigger than this.Thease pics were taken not far from the county dump so they are eating pretty well here.

keekee

QuoteThease pics were taken not far from the county dump so they are eating pretty well here.

THANKS Fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I dont need no GPS to find these Rich!  :biggrin:

Brent

fuzz624

Hey now,thems fightin words right there. :madd:

Just joking Brent.I only made it up there 1 time last year to have a look see.That place was loaded with tracks and scat but i never made it back.I was figureing on it in a few weeks.

Rich

keekee,
If I meet you at the dump just before dawn, we can kill those coyotes before them other guys get there.
Foxpro Field staff

keekee

Say about 5:30 am Rich! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Fuzz,

That is a good area around the dump. Lots of sign out in that area.

Brent

Rich

keekee,
Thanks for the directions  on how to get to the dump. I called three coyotes out there this morning. That one bugger had feet that were bigger than a snuff can.  He will make a fine trophy. Meet me at the bar and I'll buy ya a beer.  :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Field staff

awh

Well RIch. The batteries are dead in the GPS unit. But if you take a left out of my drive way go down to the bridge and take a right, THen the next left, the second right and once you hit the mountain road go 10 .2 miles you should be real close....LOL
If in doubt just look for the big deer trail on the left. That's where he's crossing.... :biggrin:

awh

Took the wife & Cam looking at deer last night. We saw 95 and one big male yote. He was mousing through a field an hour before dark and once he hit the fence row we could here he had caught something. Tickled the wife to death to get to see one and here it bark a few times. Cam was pissed that we didn't have the 204.... :roflmao:

awh

Quote from: Rich on August 28, 2007, 05:23:01 PM
awh ,
Would you E mail the GPS coordinates for the spot where you saw those coyote tracks please? cronkcalls@cox.net, cronkcalls@aol.com or Rich@www.cronkcalls.com should do it. I promise not to kill the coyotes that made the tracks. Did I mention that I lie a lot?

Rich. Here's ya one even better.  This link will show the spot. And when I get the traps finished up this week, I'll get ya a pic of the tracks.