• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A couple Burls

Started by AWSparrows, February 01, 2007, 08:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWSparrows

Here is a couple closed reeds I made out of Maple Burl.
I'm not too happy with them.
Tell me what you think, honest opinions only please.

Thanks
Aaron

CypressSlough

Aaron, I think you did a great job showcasing the beauty of the wood. The design allows the figure to really shine. Keepa spinnin. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

vvarmitr

I really like the design. Shows off the wood well. Very fresh looking. The inclusions don't seem to help much, which sometime they can give a turning real character.

Coulter

They look pretty good to me. I like the inclusions, it gives the call a lot more character and makes it completly unique, impossible to duplicate. Good job :congrats:

AWSparrows

Thanks guys.
These were my first attempt at using CA glue to fill the checks and voids. It worked good, some of the cracks went through to the inside. I guess I did not use enough though because there are little voids that now have wax build up in them from polishing.
Practice makes perfect.

Thanks
Aaron

Todd Rahm

Aaron,

They look good to me Aaron. So if'n ya do get the glue issue down pat I'm a guess'n they'de be smokers.  :biggrin:

I too am a fan of the natural characteristics of the woods......................   :sneer:

AWSparrows

Thanks Todd.

What do you guys do with calls your not happy with??
Sell them cheap?
Put them on your lanyard?  :shrug:
These calls are fine and sound great, I'm just not happy with the wax-in-the-cracks.  :huh:

CritterBuster

I will take the one on the right.....  Looks fine 2 me :biggrin: