• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

a few calls

Started by Pilgrim, February 02, 2007, 07:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

I made these recently for prizes at a local hunt.  Just thought I'd share.

Lace sheoak, pink ivory, African blackwood

Stabilized and blue-dyed buckeye burl, African blackwood, American holly ring

cocobola

brown mallee burl, African blackwood

Todd Rahm

Patrick...............just amazing, just plain ole amazing!  :congrats: :congrats:

Those are all very nice but that blue one is awesome look'n.

You do great work and remember to keep me on the list.  :biggrin:

:bowingsmilie: :congrats: :bowingsmilie: :congrats: :bowingsmilie: :congrats:

bowjunkie

Quote from: Todd Rahm on February 02, 2007, 04:58:59 PM
Patrick...............just amazing, just plain ole amazing!  :congrats: :congrats:

Those are all very nice but that blue one is awesome look'n.

You do great work and remember to keep me on the list.  :biggrin:

:bowingsmilie: :congrats: :bowingsmilie: :congrats: :bowingsmilie: :congrats:

couldn'ta said it better myself :biggrin:

CypressSlough

Patrick, everytime I see one of your calls I get knocked back in my chair. Absolutely beautiful as usual. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

THO Game Calls

Well those are pretty darn fine.  You're the laminating king that's for sure!

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Pilgrim

Coulter

Very cool looking calls, great job...Im not worthy :bowingsmilie: I'm not worthy :bowingsmilie:

keekee

Very nice! Out standing work!

Brent

FinsnFur

:shck:
I gotta say somethin Pilgrim, and please dont get offended by it K?  :innocentwhistle:

You don't post enough of your stuff on here for sale. Those are awesome  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Those are very Nice calls!!!!

I can't stand it you guys make me want to spend money!!!!

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Todd Rahm

Jim I don't think Patrick spins that many calls during the hunt'n season. I think he waits for summer and early fall to get them done for the most part.  :wink:

One thing that sets patrick apart..............ok........two things are, his abilty to put the right materials together so that they contrast each other, and the second knack he has, is to turn the calls into a shape where he uses the changes in material, as accenting transitions.

:bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Pilgrim

Point well taken, Jim.  But Todd is right...I don't turn calls in the winter (for the most part).   I am getting psyched to get started again though, which is probably the earliest in the year that I have ever gotten rolling again.    I'm getting stocked up on some nice burls and other figured wood.  I know the timing is rotten from a sales standpoint (at the end of the season).  But sales has never been a big motivation for me.   I like designing/making them, finding, matching, and working the wood, etc...If they sell, they sell.   Maybe that doesn't sound very "PC", I don't know.  But, hey...it's a hobby.   

Hawks Feather

Pilgrim,

Just a quick question.  How many calls have you made that haven't sold?  I am thinking that number is pretty close, like exactly, 0.

Jerry

Pilgrim

Well...I guess they all sell.  (You know us callers & call collectors...It seems we never have enough calls).   I suppose what I meant was - Whether a whole bunch of guys like a particular call or just a couple fellas, it's fine with me either way.    Which is one reason I like auctioning them - The buyer sets the price.   It might be a call that I think pretty highly of, but most everybody else might think it stinks on ice (or vice-versa) and so they're able to pay exactly what they think it's worth.  I kinda like that.

Hawks Feather

Patrick,

Just giving you a hard time - sorry.  I meant that your calls all look so good that I can't believe any of them not selling.

Jerry