• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Let me know what you think.......

Started by Butcher45, November 03, 2010, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butcher45

of these calls (I can take it lol).  I'm pretty new at making calls, so I could use some honest feedback.

Bills Custom Calls

Are you painting them
They are certainly different

What material did you make them out of
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Butcher45

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on November 03, 2010, 09:12:50 PM
Are you painting them
They are certainly different

What material did you make them out of

I make these by hand (no lathe....my hands are my lathe) out of borosilicate.

Hawks Feather

First time that I can remember seeing calls made from glass.  Do you have your own glass blowing set up or are you doing it at a college?  Having watched my wife work glass in college (many years ago) I can say that it isn't easy and you have done a nice job on them.

Jerry

Butcher45

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 03, 2010, 09:31:53 PM
First time that I can remember seeing calls made from glass.  Do you have your own glass blowing set up or are you doing it at a college?  Having watched my wife work glass in college (many years ago) I can say that it isn't easy and you have done a nice job on them.

Jerry

Thanks.  To my knowledge, these are the very firstl borosilicate game calls.  I work out of a shop space I rent.

slagmaker

Thems cool. I would love to hear one. That glass has to give them a diffrent sound than wood or plastic.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

They are glass??  Wow.
I was planning my reply as I looked through the pics, which was going to start with something like...."I dont really care for the shape, but now that I hear they are glass....that put's a whole new spin on things.

Very interesting thats for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more about these.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Butcher45

Quote from: slagmaker on November 03, 2010, 09:39:29 PM
Thems cool. I would love to hear one. That glass has to give them a diffrent sound than wood or plastic.

These calls are just now starting to hit the field.  Should start hearing some feedback on them soon.  I am going to get with a friend of mine that has some recording equipment so I can record some calling with them, and post what they sound like.

pitw

You could send one to me if you want to see it beside a dead coyote :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Butcher45

Quote from: pitw on November 03, 2010, 09:48:47 PM
You could send one to me if you want to see it beside a dead coyote :innocentwhistle:.

Tried to send you a message, but can't view your profile/find an e-mail.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

John_NY

They are pretty slick. I have no idea about that material. I'm assuming it's not real fragile?   Have you give any thought as how to attatch a lanyard on them?

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 03, 2010, 09:56:28 PM
He's mooching Butcher45 :alscalls:

Dang it Boss if you tell all my secrets I'll be screwed. :holdon:  

Butcher we are going to have to wait until you talk yourself into the pm prison :iroll:.  

Butcher45

Quote from: John_NY on November 03, 2010, 09:58:32 PM
They are pretty slick. I have no idea about that material. I'm assuming it's not real fragile?   Have you give any thought as how to attatch a lanyard on them?

John

I try to create a constriction in the shape so the loop doesn't travel much if at all.  I have considered adding rings of raised glass to form a groove between them, using a tool to form a groove in the glass, putting strategically placed marbles around it......  The toneboards I just started using have lanyard grooves built-in (as seen on a few of these calls) so that frees-up what I can do with the shaping quite a bit.

They might break if you dropped them onto a hard surface from a good height.....borosilicate is more durable than one might think when they think "glass". 

FinsnFur

You can PM him, moocher...he just cant PM back...yet.
PM him your email address and pick up the conversation.

I cant believe I just led you through that. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

John_NY

It sounds like your options are limitless in things you can do with these calls.  How much will you be selling them for or haven't you thought that far ahead?

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 03, 2010, 10:05:27 PM
You can PM him, moocher...he just cant PM back...yet.
PM him your email address and pick up the conversation.

I cant believe I just led you through that. :doh2:

Now what the [L] are you talking about :confused:.  Just trying to increase your post count I suppose :argh:.

pitw

Quote from: John_NY on November 03, 2010, 10:09:33 PM
It sounds like your options are limitless in things you can do with these calls.  How much will you be selling them for or haven't you thought that far ahead?

John

Hey hang on with these type of questions while I'm begging :madd:.

John_NY

I won't buy until I hear your critique Barry.  :doh2:

John

Butcher45

Quote from: John_NY on November 03, 2010, 10:09:33 PM
It sounds like your options are limitless in things you can do with these calls.  How much will you be selling them for or haven't you thought that far ahead?

John

Lots of options for sure.  I can shape the chamber of the call any way I want.  I'll put some calls up for sale here pretty quick.  Just getting started selling them.  I guarantee everything I sell (will even pay for return shipping), and only send out what I would hunt with myself.

Have calls will haggle (haggle.....means you gotta come off of SOMETHING to get one hehe).  Well......OK it's FinsNFur's house so I guess I'll send him a couple calls.

I'll post-up some calls for sale here pretty quick.