• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

PA. Game Commission Officer Shot

Started by blacky, November 12, 2010, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

FAIRFIELD, Pa. -- A Pennsylvania Game Commission officer was shot to death in the line of duty, sparking a search for a man police say should be considered armed and dangerous.

The wildlife conservation officer was shot and killed Thursday night in Freedom Township, southwest of Gettysburg, game commission spokesman Jerry Feaser said Friday. Feaser declined to discuss details of the shooting or release the slain officer's name.

State police were searching for a 27-year-old man they wanted to interview about the shooting.

Authorities labeled the man, Christopher Lynn Johnson, a "person of interest." He may be injured and in need of medical treatment and should be considered armed and dangerous, authorities said. Police are also looking for a 1999 blue Chevrolet pickup.

"This was a malicious act," Feaser told The Associated Press. The last time a game commission officer was killed in the line of duty was 1915, he said.

Online court records list a Christopher Lynn Johnson with a history of burglary convictions and a 2005 guilty plea to a charge of fleeing an officer and endangering the welfare of children.

Authorities were called to the scene around 10:30 p.m. Thursday and discovered the officer fatally wounded, state police said.

Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Coulter

HaMeR

I hope they give him a 6 foot necktie from a 10 foot limb.  :rolleye:

:readthis:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

The funeral for PA WCO Dave Grove (27th Class) will be as follows:

His viewing will be held on Friday, November 19th from 1pm-8pm at the
Grove-Bowersox Funeral Home located at:

50 S. Broad Street
Waynesboro, PA 17268
PHONE: (717)762-2811

Dave's service will be held on Sunday, November 21st at 2pm. The services will
be held at the Waynesboro Sr. High School located at:

550 E 2nd St
Waynesboro, PA 17268

FOP Conservation Police Officer Lodge # 114 has established an account for
anyone wishing to make a contribution to WCO Grove's family to assist with the
immediate expenses associated in Dave's passing. Please share this information
with others who have also expressed an interest in assisting the family in their
loss. Contributions can be sent to:

FOP Conservation Police Officer Lodge #114
WCO David Grove Memorial Fund
2445 Waldman Drive
Williamsport PA 17110

Bills Custom Calls

Wow that is something
Knowing I have distant relatives over there kinda makes me wonder

Either way ya just got to feel sorry for the family
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

vvarmitr

Here is a pix of ........

Conservation Officer David Grove

bigben

yeah its a shame.  I send my prayers out to the family. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HuntnCarve

A senseless tragedy. :sad:  This very same officer had just written an article in this months  Pennsylvania Game News. Titled: "A Shot in the Dark".  In which he describes the dangers of the job these men perform.  My sorrow and prayers go out to his family.