• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A Big Howl For Al

Started by CypressSlough, February 14, 2007, 08:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

I want to everyone to recognize Al as a quickly rising legend in the Callmaking Arts. When the duck callmakers start to take notice of what the predator callmakers are doing, you know you have raised the bar. All over the other boards, you see Al inspired calls popping up everyday. So thank you Al for bringing due appreciation to the predator call arts. Brian.

http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1171420386

http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170819430

www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

straycat

It's about time Al got recognized for his superb work by someone other than us !  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Congrats Mr Woodard,you are The Man !!   :readthis:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

THO Game Calls

LOL- -  you guys are too funny.  It's nothing but a thing.  I am glad that the call style is liked by some folks. 

Both Steve (Quackerstacker on CCO) and KeeKee asked me if I would mind if they made calls simialar to that style.  I said go for it!

One of the things that we have to look at in making calls is that from the very beginning, each call maker has been influenced by the ones before him.  We build on each others works.  I thik that is how it should be.

I really like the barrel on KeeKee's calls in that long neck style.  They are very artistic.   He built on what I came up with.  Nothing wrong with that.   As call makers, what we should all strive for is to advance the art of making custom calls.   

In the end, we as call makers, will all bennefit from each other, and the callers will get better and better calls because of it.

Never saw anything wrong with a "win win" situration.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild
Call Makers & Collectors Association of America
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

BryanStanley

The very first call I made was a look alike of Al's.....somwhat. Did not come out as I hade hoped

Hawks Feather

Bryan,

You are oh so right.  Many have tried to copy Al's calls, but few succeed.  And I am in that unsuccessful group.  But the calls that he makes sure can be an inspiration to all of us who try to build calls.

Jerry

CypressSlough

I have to admit. I have a few Al inspired calls in the works, too. Just have to find time to finish them. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

I still think my lathe work is much better.  :innocentwhistle:

I'm available for support  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

rjl54

It's difficult not to be inspired by Al and his calls.  I'm glad to see he's being recognized for the contributions he has made.  I like the attitude I see displayed here.  Few of us want to copy someone's style, but as we learn to develop our own eye it's natural that we would borrow an idea here and there.  Al's generosity is a testimony to his character, and I'll raise my glass to him any day.  Here's ta ya Al !

stevecriner

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

keekee

Congrads AL! Good to see on recognition going to someone who deserves it! You do outstanding work!

Brent

Bob D

Here's to the legend Al ,salute :congrats:

Coulter

He's so modest isn't he...I agree with everybody else here Al, you can buy me a beer anytime... :eyebrownod: :wo: :wo:

I am relatively new to the call making scene compared to most of you, but I can see where Al is having a huge influence on call making in general...not to mention his most excellent customer service :highclap: :highclap: I guess I'll buy if we ever meet in person :eyebrownod:

Bopeye

Yep.......my hat's off to you as well Al. I do believe this Yves fella on that call maker board summed it up well with a lot of what these other guys have said.

Here's a quote from Yves.

"I just want to do justice to Al...This guy is my "mentor" since a while!...His work is astounding with exceptional design and finish. He deserves to be recognize for his quality work. He is the kind of guy who will inspire and force you to push your artistic skill to the limit. Beside that, he is a real gentleman and I strongly recommand that you visit his web site regularly. I am convinced that his works will be part of "American Folk Art" in callmaking in the future. His web site is:  http://www.thogamecalls.com/

Yves"

I couldn't agree more.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

BigB

One of these days we are going to see a webpage of some new call maker that says:

Before we get started, I would like to personally thank a few of them who have had a profound effect on my own call making.  I owe them much, as we all do.

Folks like.....    Al Woodard.....

Thanks for all you do Al. :bowingsmilie:
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

quackerstacker

bigb, that may happen sooner than you think, as i owe alot to al and todd for helping me get started into collecting predator calls. there will be something to that effect on my site when i have a few calls to start the predator collection page.

steve

thanks again al and todd
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Todd Rahm

Hey that big ole purple bonker style gosser looks nice.  :biggrin: