• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

1st Coyote.......Finally!

Started by sims5, January 13, 2011, 10:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sims5

Started hunting coyotes last winter and called one in the first time and my AR went click instead of bang, my fault!  After about 30 more stands and not seeing or hearing anything, I decided to try going out tonight.  This is only the second night attempt.  Played Female Coyote Howl/Bark on my FoxPro Spitfire for about 1 minute, switched to Cal's Kitten and in less than 2 minutes had 2 coyotes running towards the call.  I think they must have winded me cause the 1st one made a U turn, I then flipped on my light on my AR and it stopped broadside at about 65 yards.  One shot was all it took, went about 45 yards and crashed.  I switched to pup distress, trying to get the second one to come back, but it was gone.  Here are a few pictures for you.  He weighed about 30-35lbs.  Now to get him to the taxidermist.  Thanks to all of you for the tips and advice, looking forward to getting many more coyotes in the future. 

Gods blessings are all around........take a second and look.

securpro

Congrats  on your 1st coyote  :yoyo: :yoyo: I bet it wont be your last  :nono: I was hooked after my first and have enjoy every second of it!  Glad to see you hung in there :congrats:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

slagmaker

Congrats on first fur.. Nothing like it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

golfertrout

thats awesome and good job :yoyo: did they bark or howl coming in or was they silent? if i ever get out of this fish infested place im gonna do some coyote hunting :hahaha:

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go Chad  :yoyo: Congrats on your first
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Almost the same thing happened to me on my 1st hunt & hooked me as well. I didn't even get a shot tho. I have been lucky enough to shoot a couple since then & it's a real rush everytime. Congratulations on the 1st of hopefully many coyotes. And that is a fine looking furred up critter.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

A well deserved Coyote, that's one you will never forget.  :highclap: cc

coyote101

Congratulations on a great hunt.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Congrats on the coyote :congrats: :congrats:.  The self satisfying click eh :pout: I remember them well. :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

:yoyo:    :yoyo:  I bet you were pumped ! Congratulations to ya !!  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

weedwalker

Congradulations on your 1st. :congrats: :congrats: Nice looking coyote. :yoyo:

KySongDog

Congrats on your 1st!  You'll be back for more.   :laf:

kyfuzzyface

Congratulations !! You never forget your first :yoyo:
Fuzzy

sims5

Thanks guys.   

He came in quiet, along with the other one.  Man that would be really cool to have got a double and the 1st on the same stand. 

Anybody have any pictures or where to look for shoulder mount options, thinking the full body mount might be more than I want to spend.
Gods blessings are all around........take a second and look.

John_NY

Congrats on the first coyote. I hope you froze it or got it to a Taxidermist. Predator hides have a tendency to slip. I don't know what state you are in so you might want to check here http://www.taxidermy.net/taxidermists/tlinks.html to see if you can find a good taxi close by.

Good luck
John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

FinsnFur

Quote from: sims5 on January 13, 2011, 10:59:29 PM
      looking forward to getting many more coyotes in the future. 

Not as much as WE ARE! :yoyo:
Congrats on a job well done :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

:yahoo:
Way to go!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Got my first one mounted too.
You'll be so glad you did. :wink:

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on January 14, 2011, 02:42:23 PM
Got my first one mounted too.

You made that sound like work  :wo:  did you have to wait for it to thaw first :wo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Biscuit

:highclap: Congrats on the first and hope you have plenty more.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Frogman

WTG!!  It's still exciting even after you get a few more down!!  Thanks for the story and pictures!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!