• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Home coming Hog...

Started by HuntnCarve, June 25, 2011, 12:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Been away from the home front the past couple weeks.  Returned home to find this mangy hog setting up shop in HH1!  A .22 slug between the eyes buckled the pins out from under her.  Something did not look right from the start with this hog?  It was experiencing a bad case of the mange.  Thought we were through all that?  Guess not?  Anyway, I've failed to write up the past two hogs I shot week before last.  Sorry! :doh2: But this make No.10 from the Honey Holes.

Good shooting!

Dave

HaMeR

Yeah that one has seen better days. You done that one a favor. Good shooting Dave!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Welcome home.

Did you wear gloves when you moved it to the final resting place?  If not, you could be in for some problems.   :wink:

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Yes Jerry, I definitely put on gloves to handle this one.  Then I scrubbed my hands in the shop sink repeatedly.  Certainly had that "yucky" feeling handling this one.  Hopefully there won't be anymore mangy ones?

Dave

Dave

Good to see the sherrif's back in town.  Looks like some riff-raff moved in on Lee's watch.

JohnP

Dave, great story as usual.  One of the things I missed while I was away from the site was reading your tales and looking at your fine calls.  You should know that during our evacuation preparations one of the things I told Mandy was to be sure and pack up your call stand and all my custom call. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

It's like a hog factory down there :laf:
What'cha feeding those things? Besides lead :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Well what do you know...Hog No. 11 decided to pay a visit to Honey Hole2 today!

I had seen a hog cross the field about 75 yards out earlier in the day.  So on a hunch, I figured he might venture out into the only shooting lane I had?  As I was watching off in the distance (during a break from all the paper work I was catching up on), I happened to look down at HH2 a mere 20 yards below me.  Holy smokes!  There was a hog standing bolt upright looking at me.  Must have slipped in quietly without the landlord knowing? LOL! Just a simple matter of slowly bringing the rifle up, and taking a bead between his eyes.  A fine young male silverback. And that's the rest of the story! 
So yes Jim, it's sort of like a hog factory some days!  LOL!

John P, I'm glad I can humor a friend(s) with my occasional ramblings.  With the new job it's about the only thing I have time for anymore.  I'm glad your call collection survived.  But more importantly we're all truly happy that you had a home to return to and no one was injured.  Hope the healing is going well.  As always, it's good knowing you're okay!

Dave

HuntnCarve

Jim, you're not going to believe this?  With out a word of a lie, right after I posted the above addition about Hog No.11, I looked out my deck door and saw a russet hog rooting around the neighbors shed!  Just as I cracked the door open, the hog took off and ran under the shed???? -Son of a Gun!  What spooked him???  Lo and behold, here comes the neighbor fellow walking around his shed.  Seems he was tossing some coffee grounds or something back over the hill near his shed. He never saw the hog.  I called to him rifle in hand..."Hey Greg!  I just saw a hog go under your shed!"  He replied;  "Ah crap!  I bet I spooked him before you could get a shot at him?"   Oh well, he'll be back out sometime in the future.  Nice to have the neighbors blessings when it comes to whistle pig eradification. :laf:

Dave

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Oh I believe it alright Dave :eyebrownod:
It's a factory, I'm telling ya :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Coffee grounds, you say?  And I've been putting out fruits and vegetables.
Tell your neighbor to try some decaf - the hogs will be less jumpy.  :laf: