• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ruger 1911

Started by JohnP, July 30, 2011, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Have any of you guys seen the new Ruger 1911?  Pictures look kinda nice and I thought I might end up buying one.  Speaking of 1911's, wife and I went to the SCI Banquet a few nights back.  She and another person were the last two people in the final draw for a Kimber 1911.  She lost. :doh2:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Dang unfortunate you did not get the Kimber.  I have a Kimber 1911 and it is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever fired. 

JohnP

She let me know, in no uncertain terms, that if she won it was HER pistol.

FinsnFur

I seen and read about the new SR in a magazine, but I havent had the opportunity to hold one. I like it, and they sure arnt bad priced either.

Did you go down to the public unveiling at the Gunsite Academy in Paulden, John?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

No, been sticking pretty close to home.  Not walking to good and still a lot of pain in my back.   Did I ever mention that I was a graduate of several of the courses they offer at Gunsite? 

FinsnFur

Quote from: JohnP on July 30, 2011, 04:26:43 PM
  Did I ever mention that I was a graduate of several of the courses they offer at Gunsite?

You just did sir :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I see where Remington has brought out its version of the 1911 too.

John Moses Browning sure hit a home run with that design.   

I've got a Colt I bought new when I was a young Marine back in the '60's.  Also have a Springfield TRP.  Great guns and fun to shoot. 

slagmaker

I do not as yet have in my collection any form of 1911. I wish to have one but it wil take some time. Got to raise enough money for it and not find something else I want.

I have fired both of my cousin's Charles Daily 1911's. one in each hand and trying to be as accurate and quick as you can is dang fun.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.