• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

coyote video

Started by Uhadme@gobble, February 20, 2012, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhadme@gobble

I let two get away this mournin....one of em was a big boy! I called them in to a small clear cut field at L.B.L. . Frogman hunted it with me on his last day there. had the cross hairs on the big one and got greedy trying to zoom in for a better shot of the action. He either caught movement or smelt the foxpro because they were upwind of me!!! he was within feet of the foxpro when he decided to git! trying to video and take the shot sometimes leaves me being a nature watcher instead of a hunter!!! ive worked hard on gettin these coyotes in this field....iI really screwed this one up!

titansfan2104

Pretty big dog there... Shame you couldn't connect

HaMeR

Too bad you didn't connect.  If it's any consolation at all my opinion was that you had a good camera angle & nice view of the coyote before the zooming. Of course I can't video anything at all worth a hoot so this may mean little if anything to you at all.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

popadog

man that hurts might have even caught the scent from your boots being that close to the caller

Frogman

Wow!!  Wade that was really cool!  You just needed your old hunting buddy Frogman with you and we would have rolled those guys!!??  It's neat to see you calling them out into the fields.  What call sound were you using?  What time of day?  How long did it take for them to come in?

Man, I wish I could have been there!!

Jim 
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Yeah that one was a real hog!
He'd a made 15 lbs of burger eeeeeasily :eyebrow:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Uhadme@gobble

Quote from: HaMeR on February 20, 2012, 03:18:01 PM
Too bad you didn't connect.  If it's any consolation at all my opinion was that you had a good camera angle & nice view of the coyote before the zooming. Of course I can't video anything at all worth a hoot so this may mean little if anything to you at all.  :laf: :laf:
I like to get close and see the hair fly!!!! Just that much more of a challenge!!! :shrug:

Uhadme@gobble

Quote from: Frogman on February 20, 2012, 04:36:56 PM
Wow!!  Wade that was really cool!  You just needed your old hunting buddy Frogman with you and we would have rolled those guys!!??  It's neat to see you calling them out into the fields.  What call sound were you using?  What time of day?  How long did it take for them to come in?

Man, I wish I could have been there!!

Jim
Frogman....this was the first little clearcut you and i set at. you stayed up by the logging road and i sat at the fields edge. I new there was a an old dog around from tracks and a deep howl!!! I was using a pup distress for bout thirty seconds at low volume .... waited bout three minutes and used same call at high volume. They came in bout three minutes later. Itwas bout 8:30 a.m. low 40's NE wind 3mph. perfect mourning conditions in my opinion! POPADOG isn't feeling well....so i hit it solo! had anyone been with me....would have been an outstanding hunt on video!! :madd:

Frogman

Yes, I remember that stand.  WTG and good video!  Bet you will be back in there soon to try those two again!!  Good luck, I will be waiting for the story!!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Fronek

Cool vid. Sure is heart wrenching though when they get away.

markTNhunter

COOL video to bad they got away,its hard as heck to video and get the shot buy your self ive tryed it on Turkeys and deer not attempted coyotes yet good job!

Uhadme@gobble

Thx Mark, I've video'd several deer and turkey hunts by myself... And Even one coyote ..... Still want to brawden my library on the predators.

markTNhunter

What kind of video camera are you using there

Uhadme@gobble

Quote from: markTNhunter on February 21, 2012, 04:12:14 PM
What kind of video camera are you using there
It's  a Sony handycam HD HDR -SR7