• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ithaca...

Started by Yotehntr, December 25, 2012, 09:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Well I just told a fella I'd take a gun he posted up for sale.  I've been watching the used gun ads for several months waiting for one to show up and I guess it was up for sale about 5 mins before I jumped on it with both feet! Reasonable price (on the lower end actually) It's an Ithaca feather weight 20 gauge. I figure one of the grandsons will enjoy this when he gets old enough.  :wink:  That's my excuse for buying new guns these days and it's working like a charm!  :biggrin: The wife's proud of me for buying guns for them!  :laf:   

BTW... the 2nd grandson is still in the oven but he still counts!  The 1st grandson will have a Life time  TN sportsman hunting/fishing license for Christmas.  :eyebrow:  I figured that'd beat getting a bunch of plastic toys he isn't old enough to play with.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

Is that Ithaca an over under made by SKB??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Yotehntr

No it's the model 37 feather weight pump.

Dave

That's a fantastic gun.  I bought a used one about 25 years ago and it is still my go to gun for most of the stuff I do in PA (grouse/dove/etc).  My favorite shotgun in the cabinet!  I think that you your grandson will love it!

Frogman

I had the over and under several years ago.  Purchased from my step father.  Eventually sold it.  Now I regret selling it.  It was a great shotgun.  Never had a model 37? 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Nice gun for lefty's. I look forward to seeing some fur under it :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Yeah those Ithacas are nice. Dad has/had an old one. I should see if he still has it.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

Yeah I've owned one before... pawned it off when I was about 21  :doh2:  :doh2:  :doh2:  It was a 12 gauge, really nice guns.  Yep the lefty's like 'em for the bottom eject.  I hope to be picking it up in the am!

Yotehntr

Well I picked it up today.... it wasn't in as good of shape as I had hoped.  The wood is nicer than most, but the metal hasn't been pampered.  The guy obviously took it apart at some point and didn't quite know how to get it back together right... the forearm spanner nut wasn't in it's proper spot to allow the action to move smoothly.  I gave it a good tear down and cleaning, it's back together and I hope to draw some blood with it in the am... here it is.

HaMeR

Looks like a real nice keeper Brad congratulations on building up the Grandkids arsenal with that one!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11