• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Crosman 1377 and 1322 rotating barrels.

Started by FinsnFur, April 10, 2013, 09:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I am not a certified Crossman gunsmith, but I did sleep at a holiday inn once!

FinsnFur

I tried to find that video when I got ready to do mine and couldnt find it. So I had to use common sense and guess work on mine.
Two things I noticed in the video that are worth mentioning.
1- Either my gun is newer or that guy was working with a 1377 and not a 1322. I say that because the screw behind the grips that goes into the air chamber has nothing to do with a breech change on my 1322. It was never touched. The screw on the top of the breech (that goes down through where the old sites mounted) actually holds the back of the breech down. The rear breech plug has a hole in it for the screw to go down through.

2- It is of the utmost importance to make sure that the transfer port holes (in the barrel and the breech itself) are aligned perfectly. If they are not, you run the risk of crushing the transfer port when you tighten down the breech to seat it.
The transfer port (located between the barrel and the air chamber) will make a leap for the floor if your not ready, when you lift the old barrel and breech off the gun, so watch for it. I've attached a picture of it.
Also...the video doesnt mention which way the port is to be installed. So if it leaps to the floor during disassemble, you got as 50/50 chance of getting it right.
So the large diameter end goes down. :wink:

click to enlarge
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I don't remember it as being that complicated in the video, might be better videos if you look more on YouTube.

JohnP

Well I hate to admit it but I'm at a loss.  Got it all back together except the spring.  I can get the spring into the sleeve in the air tube but how do you get the cap on.  Shouldn't the sleeve that holds the spring have enough play in it to force the cap into place?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Decock the pistol John and then use the cap to compress the spring as you push it back into place.
But I still dont understand why this even has to be removed. Whats holding your cap in place? The screw that comes in down in from the top?...or the one underneath thats behind the pistol grips.
I never had to touch my air chamber, remove that spring or anything. The screw from the top pulls the breech down tight. :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

The cap is held in place by the bottom screw.  Maybe I didn't explain it sufficiently.  I'll post a picture later but right now I need to go into town.  We are closing on the new house today and then the "boss" wants to go shopping for new furniture and paint and such. 

P.S. I followed the instructions in nastygunz U-Tube video.

JohnP

No pictures yet, house is in a state of extreme messiness.  Packing boxes all over the place.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Last night was one of sleepless nights.  At 2AM I was rummaging through boxes and found the pistol.  Watched the video again and got the gun put together.  Now to mount a scope and get it sighted in. 

nastygunz

just got home from the motherland glad she worked :yoyo:

FinsnFur

I wanna know what ya missed the first time. What did you learn on the video that you missed the first time ya watched it?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

John,

You just needed to be alone and have time to concentrate on your work.  That should be your story.
Jerry

JohnP

I think Jerry is right.  I really don't know what I did or didn't do.  I took it all apart and assembled it again and it worked.  But you are absolutely correct about the air tube, no need to remove the spring and the air port can be a real pain. 

Back to packing boxes.

FinsnFur

Well that makes me feel a little better. I was beginning to wonder if they had more then one version of the 1322 :confused:
Glad ya got it going. Now get the crap packed up so we can see some kill pics with this new toy. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers