Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Wonder if there's anybody under that?  :rolleye:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Almosttttttt looks like a set of Ford tire tracks going up over that?... :innocentwhistle:

Hawks Feather

Okanagan

Is there something unusual in that scenic mountain photo?  I must be missing something  :biggrin:

HaMeR

I'm guessing they won't need my snow shovel!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:

I hope nobody got hurt in that mess.

I'm wondering if they closed the road & blasted that off the mountain.   :wo: :wo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Quote from: HaMeR on January 28, 2014, 06:24:52 AM
I'm wondering if they closed the road & blasted that off the mountain.   :wo: :wo:

Yes, that was my wonder also.  It is common in such places to close the road and trigger avalanches intentionally, sometimes with artillery.  Such events are part of the local traffic news and we try to avoid them like we do any traffic delay.  A couple of years ago my wife and I waited with a few hundred other folks for the highway crew to cause an avalanche on the Trans-Canada Highway in Rogers pass and then clear it off.  We arrived near the end of the waiting pack.  Some people had been waiting for several hours, but traffic started moving a half hour after we stopped.

Wonder where this photo was taken?

JohnP

Not sure, but think it's Valdez, AK.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Alaska was my guess as well. I saw something in the past couple of days that due to the warm weather in Alaska that there was an avalanche that had closed the road to one of the towns.  They were taking in food on ships since the road was closed.  I am not sure this is the same place, but it would be my guess.

Jerry

KySongDog

Alaska's Richardson Highway was in the news a few days ago because of massive avalanches.  A reported 30-40 feet of snow on the highway.  The Richardson Highway is the only road that connects Valdez with the rest of the state. 

When I was traveling on the Richardson a couple of years ago in early June and was headed to Valdez, there was 4-5 feet of snow off the highway at the summit in Thompson Pass just before descending to Valdez.  Pretty neat I thought. 

FOsteology

They live in a much different world than I. Glad I don't have to contend with that!

FinsnFur

I think it was Valdez. I was going to save the article so I could remember...and then I forgot to save the article. :doh2: :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Yep, will ditto that it looks like the road to get into Valdez.