• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Yellowstone in September

Started by Hawks Feather, October 04, 2014, 05:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

So Becky and I got away for a little over a week and spent the time in Yellowstone National Park.  We had a great time and saw lots of animals â€" both four legged and two legged.  It seems that people like to visit during the elk rut and also after kids have returned to school.

Fishing Bridge

Roosevelt Arch at the North Entrance

One of many Bison

Waterfalls were running pretty good

Color had started

Everyone needs a drink

Just a baby bull who will no doubt lose his three cows

I loved the trees as well as the animals

I thought that it was pretty neat that the Bison were taking a quick dip, but if you look closely at the next image you will see why they swam rather than taking the road.

Grizzly was looking for a snack

You can’t visit Yellowstone without seeing a few hot springs and geysers

This fellow was following three females

This was a group of ‘Wolfies’ lovers of all things Wolf, who forgot to check behind them as they were watching for a wolf.  Needless to say the area cleared pretty fast.

Natural ‘rock’ camo

Guess what!  More trees

This guy had about 6 cows, but he could lose them to a larger bull later

Everyone need a pano shot which looks really small but in reality is 64 inches long without any enlarging

This is as far up the trail as I made it.  Set up the tripod and said, “Smile” to my wife.

snafu

Beautiful! country, thanks for sharing.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Spike

Incredible pics, Jerry! The color in the trees and bushes just jumps right off the screen.
(just noticed that I responded with Spike's ID  - Dave)

FinsnFur

My god you are good with that camera Jerry
And I sure enjoy the fact that you are ;yes;

Welcome home :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 04, 2014, 09:29:28 PM
My god you are good with that camera Jerry
And I sure enjoy the fact that you are ;yes;

Welcome home :wink:

Yes, knock out photos!

HaMeR

Looks like you & the Mrs had a wonderful time!! Thanks for sharing!! We want to stop out there some time.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Man those photo's are beautiful  :bowingsmilie: Never been there but maybe some day. cc

5 SHOTS

I drive through the west side of Yellowstone almost every week. If I had known you would be there I might have stopped and posed for you.  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:  :alscalls: Amazing country. It takes a great photographer to capture the beauty.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

JohnP

You have outdone yourself on these photo's. 

Visited Yellowstone a few years back and really enjoyed it, so much so that I want to go back next year, good Lord willing.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Great pics, Jerry.  I've never been to Yellowstone but hope to visit there next year if all works out OK.   Did you drive or fly and rent a car?

Hawks Feather

My sister and brother-in-law went so we flew into Salt Lake City and rented a car.  If they would have not been going I would have driven so that I could have stopped at other places along the way.

Jerry

msmith

Great pics Jerry! Wish I was as good with a camera as some of you guys.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

MI VHNTR

Excellent pictures! Thanks for sharing.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 09, 2014, 09:05:56 PM
My sister and brother-in-law went so we flew into Salt Lake City and rented a car.  If they would have not been going I would have driven so that I could have stopped at other places along the way.

Jerry

The reason I asked is that we were trying to decide between flying or driving.  It is a pretty good haul out there,  2-3 days on the road out and the same back.  Might be a good time to swing down through Utah and Arizona-Texas though.   But that would take more than a week to do.   

JohnP

"Might be a good time to swing down through Utah and Arizona-Texas though.   But that would take more than a week to do.   

Semp:  Do it, you can rest up at our house for a couple of days, or as long as you want then head up to YS.  Heck we may decide to tag along.  Seriously think about, would love to have you and your wife as house guests. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on October 11, 2014, 06:21:26 AM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 09, 2014, 09:05:56 PM

Jerry

The reason I asked is that we were trying to decide between flying or driving.  It is a pretty good haul out there,  2-3 days on the road out and the same back.  Might be a good time to swing down through Utah and Arizona-Texas though.   But that would take more than a week to do.

Yea, this was our fifth or sixth visit to Yellowstone and the other times we drove.  It is a bit of a haul to get to where we start seeing different terrain when we drive, but I enjoy seeing about any part of the country.  We flew into Salt Lake since it was a much cheaper flight to there and also the car rental also was less than flying into an airport closer to Yellowstone.

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on October 11, 2014, 12:22:12 PM
"Might be a good time to swing down through Utah and Arizona-Texas though.   But that would take more than a week to do.   

Semp:  Do it, you can rest up at our house for a couple of days, or as long as you want then head up to YS.  Heck we may decide to tag along.  Seriously think about, would love to have you and your wife as house guests.

You got it, John!  If we make the driving trip we'll swing by your way and give plenty of notice so you can stock up the fridge.   :laf:

Seriously though, thanks for the invite.  I appreciate it.