• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My New Bonker Style

Started by THO Game Calls, April 30, 2007, 10:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

This picture was just E mailed to me.  Hope you enjoy.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

:roflmao:
She's got tinky winky written all over it  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

awh

And this is what he said in reference to your bands. Note that he just saw them the other day????? :rolleye:
You think he is going to use your band pattern next?

I don't know what Al uses on his bands for the texturing, but I would assume it is the stippling tool that he used on wood. I seen the bands on his calls he has on his site for the first time the other day...they look awesome.

Tony
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

THO Game Calls

Quotebut I would assume it is the stippling tool that he used on wood.

What a moron.  Those boys need to get out more.  I posted how they were made when I post the first picture of them on this board.

But here's the deal, just like spending 150 bucks on a jig to make tone boards, spending 400 to 1000 bucks on the tools to make the bands will be "out of the question" not to mention the time it takes to make them.   It is SOOOOOO much better to spend your time turning calls than making tone boards or fancy brass bands.  Beside, one still needs time to surf the net to find designs to copy.

Oh well. 

A snake by any other name is still a snake.   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Looks familiar  :confused:

:hahaha: It's almost as if he's trying harder to make his copying attempts more obvious to the masses.   :rolleye:

SAD!!!
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

HaMeR

Very nice!! Did you come up with that all on your own? Does it have the patented deep seated reed too? :laf:  

I guess it's easier for some people to just look around & copy things. :rolleye:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DDCalls

Sure looks familiar to me. :confused:  What can you do but laugh.  If you get mad then they win.

ROCK ON AL.  We know your work.

David

THO Game Calls

Hmmm....I'm not real sure laughing is high on the list of things that I hand in mind LOL.

But you are right.  The guy is a loser from the get go.

Sorry for the post - old news.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

HaMeR

I'm sure it's not. I was just funnin ya some. Sorry.

Maybe we could rename his the "tele doinker" or something.

I will say this much about the situation. While I agree there are only so many ways to turn a stick,,, This is definitely not something that he came up with on his own. Referencing off anothers piece of work is one thing. But to just copy it that closely is just plain wrong when you add in the fact that he is claiming it as his own style. Now if he were to make A call like that for his collection then it's different too. But not if he is going to sell them as his own creation. :rolleye:

I Hope you're not offended by this post. I tend to speak my mind occasionally & get in trouble for it. But I think this is a good place to do that & if there is a problem this group of people can resolve it & move on with no hard feelings.

I noticed he is "leaving for a few days" over there too. Must be getting hot in hells kitchen again. :confused:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

Al,

Ya know, I came in here ready to pounce..............................................but I saw the picture of your call and I'm sad to say its not of the quality I'm used to seeing from you.  :rolleye: Either your skills are seriously declining or your pulling a bad joke on me.  :confused:

And I'm just curious is that really Osage or is turned from a piece of 2x4? I guess I would have say even the quality of your wood/grain selections have went down too.

Sorry Just being honest with ya.  :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

Todd,

Thank you for the constructive criticism.

Now.....in the imortal words of  Rossie O'Donut........

"Bite me "

:roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

AL
Telle Tubie Game Calls
www.Isuck.com

cjcalls

Looks like pine to me.

Although It a nice clean piece of pine. :iroll:

Ladobe

I don't know, but the call in question sure looks a whole bunch closer to using the same design elements and patterns used by countless custom waterfowl call makers for many years than it does from the Bonker... at least to my untrained eyes.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Hawks Feather

Al,

I liked your old style MUCH better.  This one doesn't have flowing lines like your old calls.  I don't claim to be an expert, but  I think you need to go back to either your old style or come up with another style.  Sorry this is not better news for you.    :roflmao:    :roflmao:    :roflmao:

Just my 2ยข,

Jerry

THO Game Calls

And to think I was just showing one of your calls off to the UPS man today,  I had the box open so I could add Joey's to it when he came and he looked at yours and said - "Whothat's a nice one" talking about your laninated call you sent me.  He's a cowboy action shooter from my fish and game club.   I'll have him hunting coyotes by the fall :)

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

CypressSlough

Looks a little familiar to me.  Al I thought you had more originality. :roflmao:   Brian.

Greg Hood Southern Game Calls

www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

wow, that tickles my fancy  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

3rd Alarm

Yep, it is sad alright.....to bad the call body on that "Bonker call looks like someone elses call as well...

GIVE IT FREAKEN REST AL!

FinsnFur

Your asking for a fight you wont forget Scott
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

3rd Alarm

How so Jim, I respect you and a lot of other members here.......but Good god this is getting old....!  It started on the other board and he hasn't let it rest yet......how far is this gonna really go anyway?