• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

221 fireball brass------ AAAGGGHH

Started by caller223, August 15, 2007, 09:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caller223

Waiting on a CZ .221 FB I ordered, so I google how to form brass from 223.  necked down about 90 cases, made little jig to hold brass and cut off excess on bandsaw.  Got home and went to trim to length and AAAGGGHHH- cut everyone too short!!!!!!!!  I was trying to save time on final trim.  Suprised how easy cases form just useing RCBS full length die with expander removed, then saw off excess and run thru die againl wilth expander in place.
Richard Grantham

Hawks Feather

What is that old saying, measure twice and cut once?  You are not alone with messing up brass.  That is what keeps the companies in business.  At least you were working from .223 (which is fairly cheap to get) and not some chamber that is REALLY expensive.  While I have the tools to rework the .223 brass, I just bought 500 rounds of .221 and figure that it will last me the rest of my life - even if I do a few prairie dog shoots.  There is very little change in the brass before and after shooting the .221.  Maybe I should say, if you are shooting normal loads there is very little change.  I have never gone above the max to check that out.

Jerry