• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ruger 10/22 Mag

Started by Hawks Feather, December 17, 2007, 08:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I have been looking at the Ruger 10/22 mag and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Ruger.  For whatever reason, Ruger has not made them for the past few years, but still had them in their catalog.  I like the 10/22s that I have and have thought about this as a possible gun to include in my collection.  Anyone have one, seen one,  or shot one?

Jerry

THO Game Calls

Have you checked out this site?

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/

You might find what you are looking for there.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

The name alone should be justifiable Yerry  :iroll:

FinsnFur<-----Ruger Die hard  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Al,

Thanks a bunch.  I haven't been over to that site for quite some time, but they had answers to all my questions.  Now I just need to get the gun. 

Jerry

vvarmitr

I had one & hated it! :argh:  Somebody else wanted it or I would have wrapped it around a tree or thrown it in the creek!  :mad3:  Shot like shinola!

Ladobe

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 18, 2007, 07:41:58 AM
I had one & hated it! :argh: 

Same here, but for different reasons.   

Don't get me wrong... I have owned a lot of Ruger firearms over the years and loved most of them.   Still have 5 of them - a very early 77 270 Win I've never found a fault in and three of my 3-screw revolvers left you can't help but like.   But the 10/22 is another story.

I went through five 10/22's, including one in 22MAG.   While they shot OK I guess for factory guns, the jams and misfires were a constant PITA.    And way too often at the most inopertune time - with fur in the sights.   Only an early mannlicher stocked rifle I had gave me somewhat consistent service for a while before it went south too.   Finally went all the way and built one from scratch with the best of everything in it - nearly $1K worth just in parts (not including scope).    It's had about 50 rounds shot through it, is as accurate as you could ever want but has sat in the safe for years.   I just don't like it and have other Plain Jane 22 rim fire SA's I would much rather shoot than it.    So I guess I am an anti now... anti 10/22's.

Besides, with six 17 rim fires and a truck load of ammo for them, why would I ever want to shoot a 22 rim fire again anyway?   Well OK, I would shoot the Bearcat that has been in a back pocket or holster on outings for several decades.   Had it for so long that its kind of a part of me, and it hits what I point it at.   :biggrin:

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus