• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Osage Orange

Started by Yotehntr, March 04, 2008, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Finished this one today. It's an Osage barrel with a curly Katalox o-ring fitted soundboard. I'd like to get $20. TYD for it. This is a recorded sound of me doing distress and a puppy howl ki-yi. >> http://www.esnips.com/doc/27b3f963-ea7f-4343-9d34-c2a783ab69f4/Osage-Katalox

SOLD

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

Nice lookin call!! I like wood toneboards. Never heard of the Katalox tho but it looks like it has some figure. Well Done!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Troy Walter

Nice looking call,sounds good too.

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! I'd never heard of the Katalox before either, went to a woodcraft store and they had some small pieces. Kinda wish I'd bought more now. Has a rich red to it, it looked blackish in the rough. In these pics everything looks a little darker than it really is.

frshwtr

nice looking call, in case your interested the puppy yips made my 13 year opld house dog go nuts trying to get up to the computor. a nice squeaky coaxer gets her going too but we figure thats because it sounds like one of her toys. the puppy yips are new to her and that and the howel shre got her attention.

bootmud

Sure it a pretty call.  I don't know how you guys get such a nice finish on wood like that. :highclap:

I like working with antler and acrylic.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Yotehntr

:roflmao: Hey frshwtr thats a riot. I guess my dog is to used to me squalling on these things, she doesn't even look up! But my girls don't seem to like it  :argh: Something about waking up to a howl makes my 20 yr old give me the evil evil eye. :argh: