• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Decoys, effective or not???

Started by Frogman, August 05, 2008, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coycaller

Bop,
    Ain't it like northeast of Denver?  I think I went through Sterling once years ago. Good pheasant hunting there, or in that area, right?

DAMN, I LIKE the spell check feature on this board. :bowingsmilie:   I had the word pheasant all f*****d up. :laf:

Bopeye

Yep. Got a lot of kin there.  :eyebrownod:  Just curious if you had been there.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

browning204

I don't have an opinion of if they are effective or not. I will say that I got one at the beginning of this past spring from MINASKA. So I hope it does prove to be effective.

Although I bought it from MINASKA for a steal, I would like it to be a good little toy. Maybe it will not only help keep the critters attention, but get them to commit or at least expose themselves outta the thick stuff that we call around these parts.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

coyotehunter_1

Bop,

Mickey Mouse hand puppet, you say? Must be a closely guarded secret.... very high tech, no doubt!  :shck:
Used tapes too?  What did you measure? :confused:

:laf:

Yep, fond memories from the "olden days" before coyote hunting became so cool.  :biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

KySongDog

Quote from: Jrbhunter on August 06, 2008, 01:12:16 PM
Best decoy I've ever had...

Hunting over a trapped coyote?  :confused:   So how many coyotes have ya killed hunting over a live trapped coyote?  Or did ya post that pic just to be cute and reinforce your image as a first class moron?   :puke:

Semp

Jrbhunter

Yes, the coyote pictured was very easy going and laid back: occasionally they're just naturally calm like that.  Even the most aggressive and hyperventelated trapped coyote can be calmed down signifigantly with patient body language and a gentle voice.

Semp: So how many coyotes have ya killed hunting over a live trapped coyote?

I'd estimate 15-20 in the last 5 years.  I couldn't really classify it as "hunting" so much as "opportunity".  Even though they are all called, I do not tally them into my season totals.  There is still a little technique involved beyond having a coyote in a trap, anyone interested in that process can contact me elsewhere.

Semp: Or did ya post that pic just to be cute and reinforce your image as a first class moron?

Basically both:

I wanted to make the point that there is one undenyably perfect decoy and that is a live coyote.  Weather it's wearing a trap or not... a live coyote will kill more coyotes than any dead coyote or styrofoam coyote out there.   Reading between the lines- one could drawl conclusions on my philosophy of handling multiple callups and maybe even shed a little light on why I've killed as many as 12 sets of doubles in one season here in Indiana while most Hoosier's struggle to kill a double in their entire carreer.

Secondly, yes I will accept the seperation as "First Class" anytime I can get it.  The way I see it- this place is full of morons... I just happen to be one that can kill coyotes consistantly using a variety of tactics and techniques.  This topic of decoys has been brought up a dozen times on every board running- and the replies are usually VERY similar in each discussion.  Consider my contribution for what it's worth and consider the source of that rectum you have your head stuck in- quite honestly that's the only thing that seperates you from the rest of us morons and it certainly doesn't constitute "First Class" notation.

KySongDog

Quote from: Jrbhunter on August 07, 2008, 09:12:09 AM
Yes, the coyote pictured was very easy going and laid back: occasionally they're just naturally calm like that.  Even the most aggressive and hyperventelated trapped coyote can be calmed down signifigantly with patient body language and a gentle voice.

I'd estimate 15-20 in the last 5 years.  I couldn't really classify it as "hunting" so much as "opportunity".  Even though they are all called, I do not tally them into my season totals.  There is still a little technique involved beyond having a coyote in a trap, anyone interested in that process can contact me elsewhere.

Semp: Or did ya post that pic just to be cute and reinforce your image as a first class moron?

Basically both:

I wanted to make the point that there is one undenyably perfect decoy and that is a live coyote.  Weather it's wearing a trap or not... a live coyote will kill more coyotes than any dead coyote or styrofoam coyote out there.   Reading between the lines- one could drawl conclusions on my philosophy of handling multiple callups and maybe even shed a little light on why I've killed as many as 12 sets of doubles in one season here in Indiana while most Hoosier's struggle to kill a double in their entire carreer.

Secondly, yes I will accept the seperation as "First Class" anytime I can get it.  The way I see it- this place is full of morons... I just happen to be one that can kill coyotes consistantly using a variety of tactics and techniques.  This topic of decoys has been brought up a dozen times on every board running- and the replies are usually VERY similar in each discussion.  Consider my contribution for what it's worth and consider the source of that rectum you have your head stuck in- quite honestly that's the only thing that seperates you from the rest of us morons and it certainly doesn't constitute "First Class" notation.

I am glad you agree that you are a MORON.  As least we agree on something.  Aside from that, your contribution to this board is worthless.  You are not only a moron but an arrogant, self centered, elistist moron.  I don't care how many coyotes you SAY you have killed or how great you THINK you are, nothing will change the fact that you are a moron.   

You are an inept troll also.  But that is clear to the most casual observer and doesn't need to be pointed out.

OK, JRBmoron, your turn.

:corn:

Semp

Jrbhunter

Quote from: Semp on August 07, 2008, 09:53:59 AM
Aside from that, your contribution to this board is worthless.  You are not only a moron but an arrogant, self centered, elistist moron.  I don't care how many coyotes you SAY you have killed or how great you THINK you are, nothing will change the fact that you are a moron.   

Very intelligent dialogue here Semp: I'm very impressed with Jrbmoron- that's whitty!    Let's see if I'm getting all this right.

You feel my contribution to this board is worthless?   I find that very interesting!   I contribute a mixture of opinions, personal experiences and concrete facts as they pertain to hunting/fishing and trapping on a somewhat regular basis (when I remember to visit).   Aside from that, I pull no punches in the common circle-jerks here in the secret forums... I call em' like I see em' weather it shines a good or bad light on any individual or group.    Sometimes that goes with the flow of popular opinion, sometimes it doesn't.

It's no secret that these frequent leg humping sessions usually just give a handful of you a feeling of camaraderie and my common sense approaches often stand in contrast to your snowballs of BS.   For instance- the current discussion of PM and legal action is simply laughable... THO posts another delusional wet dream about getting Redfrog tied into a lawsuit and you jump up in support and LITERALLY bow to your beloved blowhard.   :bowingsmilie:       LOL!!!  That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while- THO is off his rocker with hypotheticals again and you drop your face directly in his lap immediately!   LOL!!!

I'm not surprised you'd say my contribution here is worthless, so far as I can tell I've given as much solid calling advice in one paragraph as you have in 1364 post Semp.  This is a calling forum, and it's actually frequented by quite a few good callers.  If you want drama, name calling and conspiracy theories then run back into the secret forums where you can get a good dose.  I challenge you to make a series of 10 solid hunting related post in this forum- then come back and advise me on how my posts are percieved.

PS: I suppose I should post more glory photos to prove the validity of my advice?   I'd take that challenge... who else should we get involved in this PUT UP or SHUT UP showdown?   Semp?   THO?   Who's in?

HaMeR

I still think that is a bad photoshop job.

Now ream away.  :hahaha:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

Jrb,
      I'm curious.  How do you set up over the trapped coyote.  How do you call.  Do you use an electronic call or mouth call or both?  Does the trapped coyote vocalize too in response to your calling?  Do you call right over where you trapped the coyote or do you move the trapped dog from location to location?  Please post some photos of your settups if you have them.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Quote from: Jrbhunter on August 07, 2008, 10:23:08 AM
Quote from: Semp on August 07, 2008, 09:53:59 AM
Aside from that, your contribution to this board is worthless.  You are not only a moron but an arrogant, self centered, elitist moron.  I don't care how many coyotes you SAY you have killed or how great you THINK you are, nothing will change the fact that you are a moron.   

Very intelligent dialogue here Semp: I'm very impressed with Jrbmoron- that's whitty!   

Thank you, JRBmoron.   You've already agreed you are a moron so I simply stated the obvious truth of the matter.

As for posting duelling photo-shopped photos with a moron.......no thanks.  Everything you say is worthless.  Even if one could sort through your lies to find a kernel of truth the effort would be wasted time because we all know it comes from a moron.

How you ever managed to live this long with out scars on your face amazes me.  I suspect you are much more polite and shy in person.  The epitome of the internet coward who hides behind his keyboard furiously pounding his chest about how great and cool he is.   But when face to face with a man your gut churns and you get that sick nauseating feeling of fear creeping up your limp spine so you stay very quiet and hope that smell of fear doesn't give you away.

What a waste of sperm you are. 

THO Game Calls

Semp -

that's not the smell of fear - it's the smell of urine running down his leg.   

one more thing - stop calling JRB  a moron.  You are giving real morons a bad name.

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

I gotta agree with THO on this one Semp. I'm a moron (as dillweed pointed out)  :nofgr: and I don't appreciate being classified with him at all.

See I have cahones that leave drag marks. JRB's cahones are very tiny according to Krusty Klimber.  :eyebrownod: If you placed his cahones on a razor blade they would look like a BB on a four lane highway.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

THO Game Calls

Yeah Bopeye, that's why I asked Semp to stop calling him a moron too.  I know I am a moron, and I really really dont want to be associated with the JRBHunter

The only thing I want to know is where he gets the asshole pills he takes every morning.  I get mine at RiteAide, for 29.05 a month.   His much be a lot stronger,  or, he takes more than the recommended dosage. 

As for calling over a trapped coyote, I know that is not legal here in NH, I wonder about Indiana?  But being legal or not, I'm just not sure it is ethical ether.   Seems to me, if you trap an animal, you owe it to the animal to put it out of it's misery, or let it go if you can and want to, not leave it suffer while you get your jollies.  I don't know many true sportsmen who would do such a thing? 

Huh, I guess I learned what kind of a sportsman Jason really is.   I have to admit though, I'm really not surprised.  It just kind of fits the picture I'be always had of JRB the "man".

AL

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

weedwalker

Quote from: THO Game Calls on August 07, 2008, 07:54:37 PMSeems to me, if you trap an animal, you owe it to the animal to put it out of it's misery, or let it go if you can and want to, not leave it suffer while you get your jollies.  I don't know many true sportsmen who would do such a thing? 

EXCELLENT point Al. I have to agree with that.

Ed

bigben

another thing I seen is depending on the state you are not allowed to use a live animal as bait or a decoy.  not sure where bouts he lives but I had thought this was pretty much something ya aint allowed to do in any state. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Besides being a moron, he's also the Coyote Whisperer.

The fact that what he is doing is unethical and illegal, doesn't enter in to the moron's brain.   He is so full of himself as the great coyote Whisperer who knows all that he is above the rules that govern the little people.

Semp

KySongDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on August 07, 2008, 07:54:37 PM
Yeah Bopeye, that's why I asked Semp to stop calling him a moron too.  I know I am a moron, and I really really dont want to be associated with the JRBHunter

Hey guys, next to JRBmoron, we are ALL rocket scientists.   :eyebrownod:

I agree he gives decent moron's a bad name but I gots to calls 'em as I sees 'em.   :roflmao:

Semp

Jrbhunter

Quote from: Jrbhunter on August 07, 2008, 10:23:08 AM
PS: I suppose I should post more glory photos to prove the validity of my advice?   I'd take that challenge... who else should we get involved in this PUT UP or SHUT UP showdown?   Semp?   THO?   Who's in?

Well I guess we'll all quietly side-step the fact that you've been called out... and we'll just keep on going with the leg humping and 3rd grade slams.  I see we've also danced around your initial arguments that my calling advice is worthless.  It appears each time I confront one of your claims Semp- you just fling more mud hoping something will stick.   If you'd like to compare our calling ability, the validity of our advice, or our backbone to stand up for what we believe... I'd love too partake.  Actually- since I'm a moron and you're compare to me as a rocket scientist I'd love to sit down to an IQ test with this crowd?  Maybe a simple comparison of our writing and verbal skills would suffice?   Look at that, called out again!

I know your game Semp- and me playing along has not only been fun but educational for everyone involved.  I'd like to thank Jim for letting this discussion stand; it's a great representation of all parties involved.  ;)

Frogman, you have some very good questions there but this obviously isn't the place to discuss legitimate hunting techniques- so I'll pm you with my phone number and email address for further discussion.   These two fellas with their hands in each others pockets simply can't sit back and absorb knowledge like the rest of us- that's why their as unsuccessful as they are even in their elderly ages.  You'll likely kill more coyotes this season than they have in their careers- think about that every time they post.  I look forward to speaking with you.

As for the childish agenda driven debates of legality and ethics: they're of course totally baseless.  I can hoola-hoop to a country & western song around a trapped coyote if I want... there is no code in this state (or any other) that mandates me to silently stalk the trapped animal and dispatch it within moments of sighting it.   We have a 24 hour check law, and one of the most important factors in killing a coyote off a snapped trap is quick retrieval.

The first comments made about that coyote were how passive, calm, happy and puppy eyed he looked.  Those were very accurate descriptions of that coyote.  Now you're telling me he's in misery?  Anyone that classifies a trapped coyote as "in misery" is obviously talking out their ass or they're simply an emotional anti.  I won't go off on a tangent about trapping- as you guys can't seem to absorb calling advice- but you're sorely misled if you believe my trapped coyotes are miserably contained.

For those interested in the original topic of this thread- don't overthink the LITERAL use of a live coyote in a trap!  The more realistic (and effective) tool is the partner to the coyote you've been shooting on first sight.   When coyotes are paired, working stands as if you're calling the second coyote will not only make the first coyote more killable.... it'll give you a better chance at the second.  That second coyote is one that MOST never see- please don't get all enthralled in this topic of trapped coyotes and miss the true point.

Semp, for me to get that knotted up gut feeling I'd have to give a damn about you or your opinion of me.  I've been in some pretty heated discussions with other hunters that left me feeling pissed, regretful, agitated or apologetic over the years... but those were legitimate hunters that I respected and hoped to learn from.  You are quite simply just another bobble-head in the cheerleading crowd, and I'm sure you are a fine fella... but I don't think any of us come here to learn from you.  When I get crossways with folks of your caliber it sticks with me for all of ten minutes and I move onto more important things or more important people.   I understand my post here will likely shatter your sense of belonging in this forum: but hopefully Al will rush back in and put more of his razor thin credibility on the line for you.

PS: Bopeye- your momma.  :roflmao:

George Ackley

thought this was pretty much something ya aint allowed to do in any state. 

you can use live animals for bait in many states
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump