• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Like Ronnie said....Yotes like birds too!!

Started by Arkyyoter, December 22, 2006, 12:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Went out this morning for a couple of stands by myself....It was 34 degrees and a brisk westerly wind...

I set up on the first stand, right at day break.....gave it all I had for 20 minutes.......nadda.....

I drove over to a place we had only called one time..I set up on the western edge of a smaller field, with the wind at my back...I started in with Buck's new T.U.C., doing bird distress sounds...8 minutes in, I see her running in, a very pretty little blondee female,coming down a fence row about 125 yards out....as she goes behind more cedars, I reposition my rifle...she checks up at about 80 yards as she spots the Jack in the Box decoy....I quickly send a 55 Vmax toward her neck.....I see the hit and she is DRT....I immediately go into kiyi's....I give it a couple minutes, no takers. I start back into bird sounds, and give that a few more, when that doesn't bring another one, I go to pup distress.....I do hurt pup sounds for a few and at about the 20 minute mark, I get up and walk over to where she lays....BIG MISTAKE..as I walk through the gate near her, I see another running away at about 300 yards...I go prone quickly, and get the scope on the yote about the time it goes over a knoll....I go into kiyis and wait.....nothing....I lay there a few waiting.....it is gone. I believe if i had stayed a few longer, the second one would have came on in.....ya never get to old to re-learn something....I KNOW to always stop and look before entering an open area...I didn't this time and it cost me.

My view to the north..

To the east where she came from...you can see the JIB in the pic...

Me and the dog...

My stuff...

Thanks for reading my story....

Joe

centerfire_223

Joe your a killing machine... Thanks for another great story.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bob D

Hey Joe, nice one! First time I've seen the ar-15 at one of your kill sites. I thought you were an old bolt action sharp shooter?

keekee

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Great story and picture of the coyote.  Just wondering, do you think any small critters crawled into your hat while it was on the coyote?   :roflmao:

Jerry

Arkyyoter

Thansk guys...was fun......Yessir Bob.....I do mostly shoot the bolt gun....but when I am by myself, or if the places I am going might hold a kitty, and the distances aren't too far...I love to carry the litttle RRA AR-15...that little 55 Vmax at 3300 does fairly well...but I like the 60 Hornady SP better....

Joe

nailbender

stevecriner

Better slow down Joe........Your going to kill em all! :yoyo:
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"