• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Brad H... call pic you asked for.

Started by Ladobe, March 19, 2007, 08:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Quote from: Brad H on March 19, 2007, 12:09:22 AM
Larry,

Your scrimshaw job pics are ones I'm wathcing for. One in particular actually. The antler call you made with the map on it, and wont sell. I spent a lot of time looking at that one and hope to see it here soon.

Brad

Hey Brad,

Can post an older picture of the one you mentioned...   The call you are referring to was carved from a tine off a big Mule deer buck I killed in 1966 (my first one with a handgun).   Was completely carved and shawed with a jack knife while sitting around the campfire on several hunting or fishing trips.   The map is of the area I shot the buck in, and goes all the way around the call.   It's been my go to call for almost 40 years and will produce almost any sound I ask it to.   So why would I sell it?   :wink:

Another pic I found while looking for the one of the call.   Couple of early powder horns I made when I first started shooting/hunting with black powder and reenacting the fur trade era at Voo's about 1970.   I made a lot of items for the trade blankets back then – especially from scrimshawed horn/antler and deer/elk skins.   Both have "Voo" maps on them and one has a couple of Bighorn rams as well.   Still have these two horns, and still use them.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

bowjunkie

:yoyo: WOW man .. I'm speechless Larry your calls are just WOW!!! :bowingsmilie:

Brad H

That's the one! :highclap: :yoyo:

That is the most unique call I've ever seen. I think it's the combonation of everything. I wouldn't sell it either. There's no way to put a price on something like that.

The powder horns are really sharp too.

Thanks for putting those up. 

Brad

Todd Rahm

Those are awesome Larry, especially that call.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Ladobe,

That is one great looking call.  I still have the horns that i got  in the early 70's to make map horns.  Living in Ft. Defiance I thought it would be the thing to do.  Problem is I still haven't made them.  I do that the maps showing when the forts were first put up and abandoned in the area so that I can make it for the years that I think I need.  Just have never figured out what year from the past I want to live in.   :iroll:

Jerry