• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

taurus 738?

Started by bigben, March 20, 2011, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

Almost sounds like the nose of the bullets are hitting the slide stop locking it back with ammo still in the mag.

Anybody ever try the NAA? I had one in 32NAA and that thing was a little pocket rocket! It kinda hurt to shoot it.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

bigben

IDk.  I was looking on tuarus armed the other week and I remember a post someone had a fix for the issue if it continued.  I just don't remember what it was.  if it continues I am gonna have to dig it up.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

I went and looked up the problem.  The problems are in how well the follower fits the mag.  if the follower has a little bit of play in the mag there are two issues that can happen. 

1. the slide won't lock back on the last round.
2. the slide locks back with one round in the mag. 

the fix is to push the follower down into the mag a little bit and bend in the mag lip a bit on the left side.  this takes up the play.  after doing this make sure the mag does not bind and still moves freely.  what is happening is the slide lock is activated by a small lever on the inside of the gun that the follower activates when there is no rounds in the gun.  if the follower has play between the mag walls it will allow the follower to move too far to the right causing it not to lock the slide back or move too far to the left causing it to lock back with one round in the gun.  I will run another 100rds through and see if I have the issue.  in the meantime I did find a good test on .380acp rounds in ballistics gel. link -> http://www.brassfetcher.com/380ACP%20ammunition%20performance%20in%20ballistic%20gelatin.pdf
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jeb

Seems I heard right after Ruger released the lcp folks were having some kind of problem with them. LCP+ little crappy pistol. You made a good choice.

bigben

after some rounds down the barrel.  I have only had one FTF with this gun and it was with remington Golden sabre.  I heard that cartridges that are flatter profile have problems feeding in this gun.  I keep this lil pistol loaded with the hornady fodder.  so far so good.  I am thinking about stickin a crimson trace laser on it yet.  but so far no complaints.