• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Need Some Help

Started by FOsteology, March 20, 2012, 08:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

The second recipient of the "Deserving Youth" project has been awarded and in receipt! Additional pictures to follow at a later date....

QuoteIt's time for another thank you in this GREAT thread! I took Timothy to pick up the Sig 522 from FOsteology on Saturday. He was completely surprised, and not sure how to handle the sudden good fortune! I explained to him that there are some truly good people out there who are very supportive of soldiers, and their families. I told him that some of those people had chosen to do something nice for him, in appreciation for his sacrifice - that of going without his dad for long periods of time due to deployments.

It was right about then that Timothy and I both had a sudden attack of allergies, causing our eyes to water up. Funny how that happens occasionally.

So I thank you - from the bottom of my heart: FOsteology for the rifle, MallardAddict for the sling and MurphysLaw for the ammo. The sling is on, and Timothy loves the fact that he can carry his 522 like I carry my M4. I let him choose his own ammo, only advising him to buy different brands and types at first so he can find out what works best in his rifle. He chose a brick of Winchester white box, some Remington bulk HPs, and 100 rounds of CCI stingers. (I had a little influence on those as well - always been my favorite hunting round in .22 LR.)

Timothy is a very happy young man, and we're leaving tomorrow on a family camping trip. We're taking his new rifle, and he'll get to shoot it on the trip. I'll make sure to get plenty of pics to share. Here's a scanned copy of a thank - you note penned by Timothy, and a pic of him with the rifle in the gun shop:

We're still soliciting names as we have at present, two more rifles with goodies to award and distribute.

FinsnFur

:congrats: :yoyo: :highclap: Thats just wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool. Congrats Timothy
Thats some good reading.

Put my name in the hat,...I think you got my address :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Congratulations Timothy!!!! You just HAVE to love a hand written Thank You note like that!!!!

HEY FOs!!!!!! And to whoever else is involved,, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

We're still soliciting names as we have at present, two more rifles with goodies to award and distribute.

Surely someone here knows of a deserving young boy or girl that may not otherwise have an opportunity to hunt this year.

Biscuit

Fos thats AWESOME!!!!!! Looks like some happy faces to me.. I always enjoyed helping the less fortunate through tough times. I got into the wheeling sportsmans banquet that we use to have around here. I helped with assisting them to the blinds to hunt and with the banquet. I got to meet alot of great people through this and one year my wife and i gave away an additional shotgun along with what the NWTF donated. If you need any assistance or gear for these youth just shoot me a PM. Id be glad to help out anyway i could.