• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Pa double coyote

Started by bigben, November 17, 2012, 10:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

There are cheaper alternatives for white lights out there other then the killlights.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bscherer91

eastern pa? no snow on the ground. good stuff. tried my first outting today, unsuccessful.

Bullydog

Hi I'm new to the site an im bigbens cousin

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Bullydog.
Any cousin of bigbens cant be all that bad. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bullydog

Carolina Coyote

I recently used the white light on a night hunt and we called in several Fox and the white light did not spook them at all also using the white light did not drain the battery as with using the red light, I agree with Big Ben that the white light is the way to go. cc

okgrltrapper

CONGRATS ON THE DOUBLE!! I HAVE YET TO BE ABLE TO SHOOT A COYOTE WHILE PREDATOR CALLING. MUST BE CALLING IN THE WRONG SPOTS OR USING THE WRONG CALLS. ANY ADVICE???

Bullydog

The nice thing about the white light is you can identify quicker. I won't go back red if i don't  have to

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nailbender

You boys are spoiled! :laf:  I wish we could use lights here in Iowa.

Bullydog

You can't hunt at night in Iowa?

Rick Howard

I know this conversation is a little old but,  I have used Red, green, and white.  I choose red as my best all around light.  If there is fog or light snow the red does not wash out my vision.  Also when I use red, my eyes adjust better.  I use flood style scanning light and the gun light can be concerted to focus on the critter and that gets me all the distance I need. 

I had no color spook a coyote or fox when used correctly.  If I burned them early they would stop or run away.  I did notice that using red and green in conjunction held a few up.  Whether that was the lights or something else I am unsure.
Formerly known as itzdirty