• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Pa double coyote

Started by bigben, November 17, 2012, 10:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

My cousin jason and i headed out hunting tonight. We had a new farm to hunt tonight. About three minutes into the first stand jason had eyes downwind about 300 yds. He worked him till finally he started working his way laterally in the field. We id'd him as a red fox and i got him stopped by woofin at him a few times. Jason tried a shot at 300 yds.  We walked down and looked but we found no red. We hopped across the road into another field and jason ended up callin a grey in but no shots fired.

We ended up going out to my uncles farm. We made one stand and moved deeper into the farm. After half way through the next stand a siren went of and a group of coyotes lit up on the oppisite side of the farm. We got a game plan and decided to drive around using roads to get downwind of em i had a good idea where they were. We got over to that side of the farm and we called for 2 mins appx and i see my jasons shooting light go on. I turned mine on as well and id'd the target as a coyote.  I said shoot and then squeezed the trigger. I heard a satisfying thump and jas cursed me. He said theres another one there. I got on a open reed from brad gainey and did some quick kiyis and sure nuff she popped up. Jason shot and another whoop came back. We walked to his first because he said he saw mine roll over. His was dead shot right between the eyes. Small hole in no exit. We then walked over to mine and sure nuff mine was laying there as well. A male and a female pa double using white lights and heres the kicker both were shot at 200 + yds. It was a good night.
Glory shot

Jason carrying them back to the truck

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hidehunter

:yoyo: Thats what Im talkin' bout right there!!  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

shaddragger

:yoyo: :highclap: SUHWEET!! That's a great evening right there!!!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Frogman

Awesome, guys!  WTG!  Good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HuntnCarve

You guys did real good Ben!  Just think of all the fawns you saved by taking that pair out of commission. :congrats:

HuntnCarve

Dave

coyote101

Congratulations,  :congrats: way to go Ben.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

That was a good night for sure. Nice job gentlemen. :congrats:

There's a lot of controversy over the white these days. Remember back in the day white lights for callin was unheard of. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Congrats to y'all !!! Thanks for sharing.

riverboss

Todd Rahm

bigben

Thanks fellas. I was happy my cousin was with me for years i have been looking for a calling partner.  We work well together and can anticipate each others moves

Yeah jim there is alot of people that dont believe in using white light 3 or 4 years ago i went to a regular scope and no ill ret. so i decided to use white led instead of red. I never noticed any problems with white hurting me. In fact i can id critters easier as well now so there is no wasted time. I figured if some of these guys in texas could use white i could to.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hidehunter

Our regs just got changed this year so we can legally use white now...I dont night hunt much anymore though.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I can remember when I hunted Texas. If you got caught using white lights, or someone seen you and ratted you out...you got run off the lease.
They strongly felt the white light spooked the coyote and educated them in the long run.
I think it'll be a much debated topic for a while yet.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

I know a couple pa guys say theres no way white is as productive as red. Coincidently they all sell red led lights. Go figure. My white led setup ran me around 75 bux total. A red led setup will run you 250 bux. I have been using white since the predator pursuit guys came to pa and spoke. I figured if they could use two white lightforce lights on coyotes then i could use white led in pa.

FinsnFur

I see there's an article in December's Predator Extreme discussing this very thing.
And from a Texas Caller.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

Yeah that article has sparked some controversy on the pa based boards.

Carolina Coyote

Good info on the lights, Centerfire223 and I plan to do some night hunting this coming weekend and will try the white kill light . CC Congratulation's on the double and good shooting. cc

bigben

deerdad

Good Shootin Tex! Congrat's!!
"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"

Frogman

I just got the white led bulb for my xlr250.  I will still use the red led for the xlr100 scanning light.  We will see how it works now that white light is legal in WV??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!