• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Really nice service done by Rich Cronk

Started by possumal, June 14, 2007, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Nice looking call.

I received the following E mail from Possum Al today.

Subj:  A funny coincidence

Hey THO Al:  I thought it was one weird coincidence that happened lately. I sent a Darrell Gibson crow call, made of Bocote wood, to Rich Cronk to modify into a compact howler. He did so, and I made a post on FinsnFur Forum and put a picture of it in there. It is amazing how similar it is to your "Classic" call.  Small world, for sure?

Hope you are well

End of Message

PosumAl,

It is why I call the my call "The Classic".  It is the classic shape and design that has been around for years.  Even the brass band that adorns my Classic version is nothing new to game calls.   And it is why I have never claimed this call as an original design, only as the original brass banded predator call (the red desert howler has a brass band on it, but, it is, a howler)

So thank you PossumAl for noticing the simulates.    It is nice to know that there are callers out there who appreciate the work and study that I have put into my call making efforts and appreciate my honestly in calling it a Classic, as it is,  and for not claiming it as my own.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

possumal

Beautiful work on beautiful wood is a hard combo to beat.  Your calls rank right up there at the top. I envy anyone who can take a wood lathe and do that nice work to provide someone else to have a call to be proud of.  It was just a case of blind luck me having this crow call that worked out so well as a compact howler, and awfully nice of Rich to take his time to revise it for me. :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Jimmie in Ky

I met Rich back in 98 at th shade tree message board. I don't know of many who have contributed as much knowledge to the sport as freely as he has. None of the call makers that were in existance at the time and not many since have sent me prototypes to try out and critique, Rich did. He had the faith in me and my abilities to see what his calls could do.My original Cronk calls are still the main calls on my string and the only open reed calls I use to this day. I have owned and still do own many others but they just don't stack up for dependability and the hard use I have put them through.

He has been there when I had trouble figuring some things out in my own hunting. A true friend and sounding board for any question in my mind I could come up with. He has helped me figure out many things and discussed any tactic I could come up with in my miind to take out several hard to kill animals. I just wish I could pack up and go visit with Rich and maybe take one of those trips to texas with him before we both go to that happy hunting ground.

All of you have heard of th Cronk Killer call, But very darned few of you know about th Killer Jr. He only makes these upon request now ,but for a change in pitch and all the versatility of the killer it cannot be beat. In fact the second one I ordered sounds even better than th prototype he sent me all those many years ago. A man with a Killer Call Special and a Killer Jr doesn't need any thing else in the woods.

Thanks for all you have done Rich. Jimmie in Ky

Rich

Jimmie in Ky ,
Thanks for all of those kind words. I feel like I'm about out of gas now but iffen I ever get up enough steam, I would love to make a stand or two with ya.  :wink:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

CCP

QuoteMy original Cronk calls are still the main calls on my string and the only open reed calls I use to this day.

I will vouch for Jimmy on that. I have had to hear that Cronk call for the past five years at the LBL.  :eyebrownod:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jimmie in Ky

Yep, and he's usually the one shaking his head and trying to figure out how all that racket is made  :eyebrownod: Jimmie