• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Really nice service done by Rich Cronk

Started by possumal, June 14, 2007, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Seeing as how I already owned a Cronk Killer Call, a Cronk Cowhorn howler, and a Cronk Buffalo Horn howler, I just had to ask the old master to do a call revision for me, which he gladly agreed to.  I had a crow call made by Darrell Gibson of North Carolina, made of beautiful Bocote wood, which is native to Costa Rica.  Since I didn't use it much for crow hunting, I asked Rich to take a look at it and see if he could revise it and make it into a compact howler, and boy did he ever do a job.  I can't explain the technical stuff he did, but the call is only 5 1/2" long and sounds exactly like I had hoped, especially for high pitched howls and coyote distress sounds. I am posting a picture of it, and I don't think you will have any trouble seeing why I am so happy with Rich's work. Once again, he has been helpful to me, and I will never be able to thank him enough.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

Good lookin call for sure, Al.    :congrats:

Now that ya got that new howler ya probably don't need one of them old Cronk's anymore.  I'll pm ya my address, 'ol buddy.  :biggrin:

Thanks.

Semp

possumal

Semp: You have cleared up some confusion for me. Instead of being an old fart, you are all heart! :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Whats that big glued back together crack down the side from?  :confused:

:roflmao: Kiddin.
Looks good from here  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Jim: If Rich had some way of making a copy and putting a crack in it, he may have done it to jerk my chain a little. When it comes to working on those calls, he is really careful and precise though. When he turns one out, it is ready to do the job.   :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

iahntr

Cool stuff. Now put that baby to good use.  :thumb2:
Scott

FinsnFur

I agree Al. I've got a couple Cronk Calls in my stash. They live up to their name.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Jim: I'll tell you something else about the old master that you probably already know; he can blow hell out of all those calls he makes too. Somehow, it don't seem right for him to be able to do all those sounds, using just his voice, and then be able to make and blow hell out of his calls too.  I know Wylie Coyote would agree. :yoyo:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

"I know Wylie Coyote would agree."   I don't think many that Rich has called say anything - at least not anymore.   :shck:

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: possumal on June 15, 2007, 07:29:01 AM
Semp: You have cleared up some confusion for me. Instead of being an old fart, you are all heart! :highclap:

If ya noticed in that other thread about Rich's bio, I edited out the 'ol fart references.  Some 'ol farts don't like being referred to as 'ol farts.   Didn't want Rich to take offense.  As for me, I'm an 'ol fart AND Bopeye's dad.  :biggrin:   :roflmao:  :roflmao:

possumal

Semp:  I am an old fart myself, older than Rich. As for you being Bopeye's dad, that is a good thing as far as I am concerned. I may have to quit calling Rich the Old Master, since I am older than him. Damn, this stuff gets confusing!  :hahaha:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

I'm really NOT Bopeye's dad.  That's just what he called me cause I called him son.  But I wouldn't mind being his dad if he didn't already have one.    :biggrin:

Now I am confused.  Who am I?  I need to look at my driver's license again.   :confused:

Rich

testing avatar
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Bopeye

Quote from: Semp on June 15, 2007, 02:19:21 PM
I'm really NOT Bopeye's dad.  That's just what he called me cause I called him son.  But I wouldn't mind being his dad if he didn't already have one.    :biggrin:

Now I am confused.  Who am I?  I need to look at my driver's license again.   :confused:

You're my online dad......... :eyebrownod:
Still confused?  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rich

I will ask Jim to help me with that later. I have put the information in my profile 3 times to no avail. I am obviously not as smart as the bulletin board.  :confused:   Test #4
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

ohiobob

I DONT have a Cronk Call  :sad: :sad: :sad: BUT Maybe one day I will get one? I have heard nothing BUT GOOD about ALL of the Cronk calls  :congrats:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

Bob,

You need to get one.  They are easy to blow and you can make great sounds.

Jerry

Rich,  I forget what percentage do I get for selling your calls?

Bob D

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 16, 2007, 07:23:59 AM
Bob,

You need to get one.  They are easy to blow and you can make great sounds.

Jerry

Bob
I'll second that as I have a couple. A call collection is not complete without at least one Cronk call, imho.
Bob