• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Heating the house

Started by Silencer, December 05, 2007, 04:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Quotecheck your nozzle  size ,, some oil company will install larger nozzle then you need, so you need more fuel

That actually already happened to me, last winter once a month I was calling the furnace guy to come clean it
because the whatcha giggers that look like grates on top were getting clogged up.  ( Learned how to do that myself now )
I thought something was fishy so a guy I went to school with just opened up a heating/cooling buisness
came over and cleaned it and told me the nozzle was way too big and not recomended period.
I had the nozzle changed and havent had a problem since.  Not sure if it was the previous owners of the house were getting screwed or the first repair man that  I had tried screwin me, either way it didnt feel nice !!!

Oh... 70 degree would be nice, my thermostat stays at 60 unless I'm not home to monitor it LOL.

finhunter

I am using the Edenpure heater this year to see how it works out. When they told me that heating oil was $3.72 a gallon I decided to try this. I'll post the results in a couple of months when the results comes back.

http://www.edenpuresale.com/
FinHunter

" I've spent most of my life hunting and fishing. The rest of the time was just wasted."

canine

I heat with a pellet stove. I like it alot. I pay $240 for a ton and it'll last me just over a month. I have a tri-level home, I put it in the lowest part of the house and turn all the ceiling fans to the updraft position and set a high speed fan next to the stove and it works great.  I do have to keep a generator in the garage though for when the power goes out to keep heat in the house. Everyone around here keeps tellin me I need a wood burner.. :rolleye:..like hell...while there cuttin, splittin, and stackin wood........I'm hunting!!! :laf:

JD