• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Yotehntr CONTEST Entry

Started by Yotehntr, January 01, 2009, 05:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Went out again with a new hunting. Got to the land about day break. 1st stand was unproductive, great looking spot but no takers. Went around a very large field to keep the sun at our backs, no wind early this morning so we sat in a field I'm guessing about 300 yards from a tree line. Started the set with an oww, oww, wha, wha, cadence if you'd like to hear an example  CLICK HERE After about a minute 2 come blasting out of the woods. They checked up a couple times, and got about 100 yards for a full frontal AR pic.  :wink: I took the first pic of the male, he dropped and the female took off to our left. Then Bobby tried a couple running shots and the male stood back up!  :shck: I put the cross hairs back on him and not even a click.   :wo: I guess you have to clean even the stainless guns,   :doh2:  I manually ejected and by then the male was heading back. Took a couple running shots but didn't connect. He piled up behind the first tree he came to. The first pic shows the path from the woods to the splat.  :biggrin: then in red to the pile up the other line is it's mate's path. These coyote's never cease to amaze me, a full frontal shot just a tad low with a 55 grain nosler, opened the front of his chest up about twice the size of a softball, and he still ran 150-200 yards.  :shrug:  How they can do that I'll never know.
I called him in with a call I made last week, It's 2 for 2 trips now! I'm the fat guy straining and squinting in the sun.  :eyebrownod:  Had to include my little Buckeye Burl charm in the last pic!
I photo-shopped my daughters pic into the 2nd pic. Not sure if that's ok.

;)
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Nice job. And our first official entry.
I like the detail map. Congrats on a nice harvest and your entry :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Cool we're rolling now!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

Yotehntr,
     Way to go!  Good calling and shooting!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Todd Rahm

Uh.................Brad................uh...............stick to call making, as it doesn't appear "sign" making is in your future.  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Congrats on the bag and first entry, and....uh.....whats that call under your binodes?

Yotehntr

Thanks guys!

:nofgr:  Todd that's my little girls pic  If I had drawn it, it wouldn't be so good.   :wink: That's a mini howler under the binocs that I made along time ago. It's made from my wife's blue jeans, rolled up with fiberglass resin. I think she gets a little tickle when I do a howl with it. :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

In that case, its a beautiful sign Brad.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:  ;yes;

Frogman

Brad,
    Were you doing distress or howls when the coyotes came in??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Yotehntr

Just distress calls. I'm not real big on barks/howls this time of year. I usually wait a month or so then through April.

SCcoyotehunter

I loved that Owww sound, cracked me up sitting here. Great job!!!