• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Where to start

Started by Roundman, October 18, 2009, 07:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

A neighbor of mine called week before last and told me coyote had killed one of her sheep. So last week I drive around fence and find a new slide under. Now why these coyote dig under the fence instead of going up the hill to the barb wire I don't know. Any hoo, I put up a snare and guarantee her a catch in two weeks. (this keeps her happy) Well before I hit the deer woods this afternoon I check the snare and sure enough I catch a small female.

Now I'm setting in the woods sending Bop a pic message. I'm waiting for a deer to walk under me and I look to my left and see movement. It's too small to be a deer, but I see fur, I thinks it's a coyote. :shock2: I pull out the sceery ap9 and hit it very softly. The dog turns and comes to a downed log and he's just on the other side of it looking around. Now I can see his head and back only. As I'm thinking the only way I will have a shot is if he jumps up on the log....and all of the sudden he jumps up on the log.

I pull back the bow and let the string drop, the lumenok disappeared into his chest. A perfect 25 yard shot.

What a good day. :yoyo:

iahntr

Very cool !!
Nice job with the bow !  :yoyo: :highclap:
Congratulations.
Scott

FinsnFur

Quote from: Roundman on October 18, 2009, 07:47:59 PM
As I'm thinking the only way I will have a shot is if he jumps up on the log....and all of the sudden he jumps up on the log.

...as the planets aligned. :yoyo:
Very cool  :congrats:

Luck does not even play a role in situations like this. When your good, your good. :congrats: Thanks for sharing that with us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Excellent job!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on a successful day.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Nice shot.  Won't be as good to eat as venison, but getting two will help make up the difference.   :wink:

Jerry

KySongDog

That's not a good day, that's a GREAT day!   Congrats!!    :yoyo:

nastygunz

Awesome...that one in the snare has a look like its thinking "oh-oh"

vvarmitr

That is just to cool! :biggrin:
WTG !  :congrats:

Frogman

Wow!  Great shot and thanks for the pictures!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Carolina Coyote

Way to go Roundman. I like them doubles.  :congrats: cc

pitw

Wow I missed this and am sorry I did as that's a great story and the pics are wonderful too :yoyo:.  When snaring I find more good spots for a snare in the worst locations than in the "easy" ones.  That should get you a lamb chop for your troubles :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

GunDog

Yep....what they said  :biggrin: Congrats to you on both the mutts :congrats: :highclap: :congrats:

alscalls

I dont know how I missed this!!     WTG!!    :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Palegroe

Great pics and thanks for sharing.  Congrats
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

CCP

Nice story and pics Roundman. :highclap: I feel this is just the beginning of a great season keep them comin.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Tikaani

Missed this thread, good day hunting and nice work with the bow. 

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.