• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Vacation Coyote #3

Started by SCcoyotehunter, November 23, 2009, 01:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I am off this week and decided to do a couple stands this morning. I first went to a dove field at first light and hunted for an hour or so without any luck. Then I drove about 5 minutes up the road to this place.

This pic really shows the kind of places these coyotes have moved themselves into. Just look at all the subdivisions around this place. And even thought this picture does not show it. The South end of this field is now being developed into a subdivision also. The green dot is where I was set up. This coyote must have been a gift from God for all the hard hunting with no success lately. I was walking over to the fence to a place I wanted to start my set up and looked out in the pasture (300yds) and there he was, sitting, and watching me. The red dot of course is the coyote.
I struggled to find a rest quickly without making alot of movement, just dropped and got my sticks out and gathered up my nerves, because they were scattered all over the place, and made as good of a shot as I could. He ran about 60 yards down into the creek bottom and died. I Hit him in the right side just in front of the leg but busted that artery and he bled like crazy.
I am really proud of this one. Although I never got a chance to call him, he is my biggest yet, and a very long shot for me.

He had a very nice blonde color.

FinsnFur

Wow, he IZ a nice looking yote. :yoyo:
Must be pretty young.
Where's that picture from?...downtown Chicago? or Detroit? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

SCcoyotehunter

golfertrout

nice one, there seems to be alot of them living around house anymore. must like kittie cats.

weedwalker

It's a good thing you hit the coyote. You might have hit a house if you missed. I'd be using a shotgun in there. :wo:

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: weedwalker on November 23, 2009, 02:11:07 PM
It's a good thing you hit the coyote. You might have hit a house if you missed. I'd be using a shotgun in there. :wo:

I know you can't tell by the satelite picture but Its pretty hilly in there. It was a safe shot. A shot gun would work good down in on the creek there.

KySongDog

Nice coyote and great pics too.  :congrats:   Looks like he found easy pickin's in that sub division for a while anyways.   :laf:

CCP

Nice coyote and nice shot. :highclap:

Now that you are ll pumped up let's see some more dead coyotes before the vacation week is out. :wink:

QuoteI know you can't tell by the satellite picture but Its pretty hilly in there. It was a safe shot.

Glad you explained the hills in the area looking at the flat picture was very deceiving made it look dangerous.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

iahntr

Very nice !  :yoyo:
Congratulations !  :congrats: :congrats:
Cool lookin yote.
Scott

Frogman

Fastenal . . .

300 yards, that's some fine shooting!  WTG!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

centerfire_223

Good deal, and great shot!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

BlueDuck

Interesting color.  Congrats.

HaMeR

That is a nice looking dog.  :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

LBLDOG

Congrats on the Yote its a very pretty color.I :whew: bet the neighborhood dogs and cats are relieved you removed him

msmith

Now ya done it. What's going to keep the house cats in check now. :eyebrownod:

Nice looking yote and good shootin'.  :biggrin:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI