• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quick Morning Stand

Started by weedwalker, November 24, 2009, 08:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I've been gone from home for a couple weeks and finally got back for a couple days off. I have plenty to catch up on around the house, but made time for a quick hunt this morning.
I set up in the NW corner of this stand with the wind out of the SE. I was hopeing a coyote or bobcat would come out of the thicket on the right edge of the field. I put my CS24 in the fencerow just to the left of my barrel in the pic.

I  started with "mice and voles" on low volume. In about 2 minutes, this grey came in from the left along the bottom edge of the highwall. I popped it at 112 yds. I stayed a while longer trying to call a cat but no takers.

FinsnFur

Sweet. That took care of your little itch for a while. :wink:
What kinda caller ya sporting there?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Good shooting and nice picture.  Did ya see that fox before it got to the wall or do you think he was already there when you started calling?  How do you like that CS24 and do you think it was worth the money?  Been thinking about buying one but I already have a FX3 and Scorpion and Minaska. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Yotehntr

:yoyo: Good job on the greay Ed!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

weedwalker

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 24, 2009, 09:17:48 AM
Sweet. That took care of your little itch for a while. :wink:
What kinda caller ya sporting there?

Quote from: JohnP on November 24, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Good shooting and nice picture.  Did ya see that fox before it got to the wall or do you think he was already there when you started calling?  How do you like that CS24 and do you think it was worth the money?  Been thinking about buying one but I already have a FX3 and Scorpion and Minaska.  

Yeah Jim, every once in a while ya just feel like killin' something. :wink:

John, I love that Foxpro CS24. It's a great sounding call. The money? I don't know? It stung a little when I bought it, but I got over it pretty quick. :eyebrownod: I'm glad I got it.
I saw the fox coming from the left. Out of veiw in the picture there is a gentle slope to the wall where game can get up and down it. There's several points all around those fields where they can get off of it.

KySongDog

Great job, Weedwalker!    :congrats:

As far as money goes, spend it now before Obama makes the dollar completely worthless!   :nono:

CCP

Good shootin and good post. THANKS for sharing. :yoyo: :yoyo:

Still hearing good things about the CS24. Your opinion goes along way with me.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

pitw

Thanks for showing me this Ed.  Them are the prettiest pups there is :yoyo:.  I'd love to see one come towards me [or away for that matter]  and get to just enjoy.  Great looking spot for hunting you got there too.

Oh Yeah :doh2:   Good job. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Cool deal Ed.  I'm glad you got out for a little bit. That's a nice looking grey too.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

That's cool Ed!  Glad you could make it home, and get out and do some hunting. 

Dave

Frogman

Great write-up Ed.  Good shooting.  I liked your setup!  I'll have to try "mice and voles" on a stand!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

Looks like a nice set up.  :yoyo:
Congrats on the  grey.  :congrats:
Scott

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  I am so glad ya got some time to relax at home Ed!  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

LBLDOG

You gotta love it when a quick plan at hunting works in your favor :yoyo:

kyfuzzyface

Congrats on the grey Ed Nice job
Fuzzy

SCcoyotehunter

That's a great looking place.

Hidehunter

Fine looking Grey you got there.  Congrats to ya
Denver