• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got an E+ for effort.

Started by vvarmitr, January 08, 2007, 10:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Started a guy down the coyote road to ruin Saturday & Sunday.  Mc, Tom McMillen, & I have been hashing out coyote hunting details for the better part of a year.  He's an ol' fox caller from way back & a gun-ho deer & turkey hunter. So has some what of a handle on things. To top it off his wife got him a FX5 Wednsday. :iroll:  Sat' we when out even though the weather sucked, but then again it's Ohio, & figured we would work out the bugs of hunting as partners. We found out that ya gotta have the antenna up on the Fox Pro. "On" just isn't enough. :iroll: :laf: One other thing if the FP is on the ground on it's side w/ the antenna in the mud, but in the "up" position, it'll work. :shrug:
The second set he thought he had one coming in as birds were being kicked up. Then someone showed up on the opposite hillside & it was over. :madd:
3rd set a Greathorned owl showed up. It was noonish! :confused:
The 4th set he was almost jumped by dogs. A German Shepard/mutt & a Boxer.  I let into the yipes (kiyis) & they feared they would be next & lit out.  :whew:
When we got back to the rig we went down to the Beagle Club that borders the properity we were on. The ol' boy there was giving us a hairy eyeball when we were getting out of the truck. So we went down to tell him what we were up to.  Good move. :yoyo:  Seems like I will be getting permission to varmint hunt the club. :biggrin: Said he had to take it before the board first though. BTW did I mention he was the president of the club? :eyebrownod: Then to top it all off he put us onto some other areas w/ coyote trouble that Mc knew. :eyebrow:
By the time we got to the last setup it was getting cold & late. Nothing special there.
SUNDAY: We went out for half a day around his place on a powerline. I think we should have just went crow hunting cause just loved the rabbit distress sounds. Didn't think much of the powerline, the wind was too fickle.  :noway:
I think he might work into a pretty good hunting partner. Only problem is he don't stop for lunch. :huh:  Just pack some goodies & I might be able to hang in there. :shrug:

vvarmitr

I just got a call from him telling me what new sounds he's putting on his Fox Pro.  :laf: 
I think I've created a monster. :laf: :laf:

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go!!! yes this weekend was a bust for me to But there is always next weekend.
   Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

keekee

Sounds like you all got hooked up! Thats cool!

Same here, windy and rain! Did I say RAIN again?....Im starting to think I live in the jungle!

Brent

Bopeye

DID NOT STOP FOR LUNCH?  :huh: :whew: :nofgr:

My suggestion is a backpack of Little Debbies and Vienna Weiners..........or you could explain to him the importance of keeping the fuel cell topped off in the event of a terrorist attack or an all night outing due to a broken leg or something like that....... :eyebrownod:

Have fun.  :yoyo:

Rained like pouring pee out of boot here as well.........I'm kind of getting tired of all this moisture. My backyard looks like the Florida Everglades...... :rolleye:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free