• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

South Carolina got some white stuff

Started by SCcoyotehunter, January 30, 2010, 12:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

We got about 4 inches of snow and ice last night. I think we are going to go out tonight and try a little night hunting. Full moon and snow, we ought to be able to see pretty good.

FinsnFur

South Carolina got some white stuff  :roflmao:

That title made me chuckle. According to the news South Carolina has had white stuff for a while and it's a major problem the task force cannot get under control.

Columbia South Carolina

But seriously, good luck out there. :wink: Now you get to taste what we hunt in 5 months out of the year. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

SCcoyotehunter

Alright, here's the story:
Todd came and picked me up around 9:30pm last night and our first stop was about 2 miles down the road.  The night was a full moon with low clouds passing by, the tail of a winter storm that brought snow and ice to the upstate, about 4 inches. the top of the snow is frozen and crunchy as you walk. Impossible to make a quiet approach for set-up. We stopped the truck and did a group howl with the digital caller. the coyotes lit up on fire. They went crazy for about 2-3 minutes while we were getting our stuff together. We opened the gate and eased down the edge of the fence line. We knew the coyotes were just over the hill a few hundred yards away. We tried not to be too loud while walking even trying to take simutaniuos steps.
We decided to howl at them to start out, with one howl they lit up again. You could tell by the tone of some of the returning howls that there were some mature dogs in this group. After howling two more times we saw two coyotes come barreling over the hill straight toward the caller. The second coyote was trailing about 40 yds behind the first one. The first coyote ran straight to the caller. Even though he could not see it before his approach he ran straight to it. I actually had to wait for him to turn to run before slamming him with the shotgun, as soon as I shot, Todd shoot the second coyote with the rifle. It ran down the pasture and jumped into the pond. Wonderful! We had to shoot him again and go get a fishing pole to reel him in. I told Todd, I bet that is a first.
Once we fished the coyote out of the pond we realized it only had three legs. Some of you may remember my post about my first coyote back during the summer. We shot two coyotes, killed one and hit one but did not find it. Could this possibly be the same coyote?? maybe.
This is now our 7th coyote from this small track of land.

Here is the place we were at. Green dots are where we set up, red dots are where we  shot coyotes, blue dot is pond where we recovered 2nd coyotes. purpl is truck

JohnP

I like the map, gives a better "picture" and adds realism to the story - as does a couple of dead coyotes.  I need to learn how to post those maps.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

SCcoyotehunter

I use Google earth,save page to my computer, then use photobucket to download and edit, make your artwork save and post

alscalls

Glad ya got to do some good hunting in the white stuff!  WTG!!!!!!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Wow!  You guys are putting them down!!  WTG!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!