• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Howler

Started by John_NY, February 12, 2010, 03:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I haven't posted a call in awhile so I thought I would post this one. It was an order for a guy ihere in N.Y. it is made from English Walnut and has my toneboard in it.

I just finished this one up as well. It's a cottontail distress from stained Oak and Elk antler.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

John,

You calls have come a long way in a short period of time.  Great looking finish and a unique (in a good way) piece of walnut.

Jerry

iahntr

Good lookin calls John.  :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

John_NY

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

John them are sweet looking calls and I know from experience that your howlers work as well as look good. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

shaddragger

:highclap:Those are 2 great looking calls. Awesome finish!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

shaddragger

I am new to the custom call world. Do you post those calls for sale anywhere or are they built specifically to order?
Allen

Bills Custom Calls

Good looking calls John  :yoyo:

Shaddragger There are calls posted for sale in the Hand Call Store
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

shaddragger

Shaddragger There are calls posted for sale in the Hand Call Store
[/quote]

Thanks, still learning my way around this place. Sure do like it here, lots of help for a newbie like me!
Allen

John_NY

Quote from: shaddragger on February 12, 2010, 08:26:42 PM
I am new to the custom call world. Do you post those calls for sale anywhere or are they built specifically to order?

Most end up on the main page of my personal website for sale. But I have sold a few here as well.

John

Todd Rahm

Heck John Didn't even know ya had a main page.  :doh2:

That howler looks to made from an awesome looking piece of walnut. I like how the color swirls throgh it.

I also like what your doing with the second call in its style. The wood and antler are well comboed and balanced.

Now I need to go find your page.  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Well that was quick look.  :biggrin: Seems everything is sold, but i did notice some dandy calls and some darn fine looking horn howlers.  :wink:

And that you make  and sellmandrels and jigs. That I didn't know.  :confused:

Huntinfool

Super nice I like the elk antler one!  :yoyo:  :highclap:  :congrats:

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

John_NY

Quote from: Todd Rahm on February 13, 2010, 12:31:56 AM
Well that was quick look.  :biggrin: Seems everything is sold, but i did notice some dandy calls and some darn fine looking horn howlers.  :wink:

And that you make  and sellmandrels and jigs. That I didn't know.  :confused:

Todd, I listed the mandrels and jigs for my son. He is the one that works with metal. Yeah everything is sold on the other pages. I just add a new one, one at a time on the main page. It's easier to maintain that way so  I only have to update the site once every few days.
John