• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Great Weekend!!

Started by Teamroper, March 06, 2010, 05:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

What a day. Called two in on a landlocked parcel that I have had a heck of a time getting a safe shot off. Got the first one and just missed the second one. Left there and hit a new farm that I just got permission to hunt on. Called in one on the three minute mark with Lightning Jack and got the second one on the six minute mark with the ki-yi.
  Funny part about the whole hunt was that after I shot the first one (out of the double) I called my buddy who has been ribbing me about coyote hunting and was telling him about getting my second one of the day when the third one came out. I said "Hold on, here comes another one". I put the phone down, picked up my gun and shot the last one. I then picked up the phone and said "Make that a double". He was laughing when I picked up the phone and told him to make that a double. I think he was still laughing when we hung up. It was great.  Three in one day. :biggrin:

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

alscalls

OUTSTANDING!   WTG!   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Duban

nice shootin man... i love huntin coyotes... what kinda rifle you using there?

iahntr

:yoyo: :yoyo:  Nice job !
Congrats  !!   :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

pitw

Right on with the coyotes :yoyo:.  You sound like a buddy of mine who called to see if I would help butcher a moose, "yep" I said.   Bang he shot.  Glad you had a great day.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

hang on here's comes another one :alscalls:

It aint very often all the planets align like that :yoyo:
Nice shootin!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

buckcrazy

great job got to luv smokn them yotes :highclap:

FozzyBear

John_NY

Nice looking coyotes. I like that red one. Congrats.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

weedwalker

WTG Teamroper! :congrats: :congrats:  That WAS a great day. :yoyo: :yoyo:

HaMeR

:alscalls: :alscalls: @ "Hold on, here comes another one" & still  :alscalls: @ "Make that a double" !!!!!!

I bet you have a new coyote hunting buddy!!  :wink:

Nice lookin coyotes & great story!! Thanks for sharing!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

wked

Niiiiice!!  WTG :yoyo: :yoyo: Good story!

Teamroper

I am using a .243 with a 100 gr. bullet. I am probably going to go to a lighter bullet because I have a (60/40) black and white that I am after and the 100 gr. has left some pretty nasty holes if hit in the back or shoulder. Thanks for the compliments guys.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

Teamroper

Quote from: pitw on March 06, 2010, 07:38:37 PM
Right on with the coyotes :yoyo:.  You sound like a buddy of mine who called to see if I would help butcher a moose, "yep" I said.   Bang he shot.  Glad you had a great day.
This one is great! :alscalls: :alscalls: My wife has been walking around the house for the past five minutes laughing about that one.  :alscalls: :alscalls:

pitw

If you are looking to mount it I'd seriously think about an FMJ and a real good shot.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Great job!!   Three in one day is awesome!   :yoyo:

Huntinfool

Quote from: Semp on March 07, 2010, 10:36:25 AM
Great job!!   Three in one day is awesome!   :yoyo:

+1   

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

vvarmitr

That is just great!  :yahoo:
I love it! :laf:

bambam

That was a great weekend !!  Congrats !!

Frogman

Wow!  Great weekend, indeed.  Good shooting guys!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!