• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Live Decoys

Started by zapper223, January 19, 2007, 09:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapper223

This is a funny , as well as aggrivating story , LOL. I went to an area I hadn't hunted yet this year , wednesday. I set up with an open pasture downwind of me. The ground is rolling hills and valleys, with wooded draws running through the pasture . I was set up on the edge of a mixed hardwoods and pine thicket . I started doing a deer distress and immediately , four deer came out of the closest wooded hollow in the pasture. So I started fooling around with them , bad idea. But, it was fun, every time I'd hit the call ,they'd run closer . Then as soon as I'd stop , they'd start trying to see where the critter was making the squalls. I quit for a bit ,to see what they'd do. They started to come across the field ,and were almost in the thicket, I was on the edge of. So , I hit the call again , really lettin' her rip. Two of the deer ran back towards me , with the other two stopping where they were . As I was watching the two coming towards me, I caught a movement from the direction , the other two were . I turned my head, to see a big coyote ,at about 25 yards, running right between me and the closer two deer. It saw me, about the same time I figured out what it was , and started doing the coyote hop , look, thing trying to figure out what I was . I managed to get my gun up , just as it stopped on the edge of the hollow the deer originally came from . I sent a hurried , but non-lethal round its way . It responded by hopping over the edge and into the hollow. I tryed in vain to call it back . But, at that point I was laughing so hard , I couldn't of found my arse with both hands.  LOL  :eyebrownod: As usual , when you let your guard down ,for even a second , the buggers show up.  I still consider it a great hunt , kill or not ,it was fun, as any I can recall. I'll get that one another time. Maybe with the live decoys again. LOL  :eyebrownod:
                                              Ok Jimmie , give me a hard time , I deserve it lol.
                                                                         zapper223
It was so windy, the hen layed the same egg five times !!!

FinsnFur

Sounds like a good time actually.  :eyebrownod:

Are you going to the LBL? I could arrange to have your arse handed to you  :biggrin:

:roflmao:
I'm not threatning ya Zap...but I am givin ya a hard time  :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

zapper223

I just got off the phone with Jimmie, and I think I'll be at the lbl. I live about 15 min. away is all. No problem as far as my arse is concerned  :laf:  Someday I'll learn to pay attention to what I'm a doin'  :roflmao: instead of everything else!!! I look forward to meeting you River Runner.
                              zapper223
It was so windy, the hen layed the same egg five times !!!

studabaka

Sure does sound like a fun stand  :yoyo:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff