• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First Blood

Started by dog dropper, March 20, 2010, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dog dropper

Went out today with the old man to this slough.

This is where I sat.

This was my view.

I sat for about 5 minutes after I blew on the call Huntncarve gave me, I seen a coyote come out of the bush and start to come toward me. I waited for a few minutes while it came closer and I shot once and the coyote did a couple of different dance moves :dance:

This was my view when I stood up.

Here is my coyote up close.

The first blood

Thank you for the call Huntncarve.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

iahntr

Right on Bob !  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Congratulations on the first (of many I have no doubt) kill !  :highclap: :congrats:
Looks like a good place to hunt moose too.  :biggrin:
Scott

JohnP

Congratulations on your first one with your new rifle and new call.  I'm sure that is just the first of many more to come. 

P.S.  Quit calling your dad the "old man", he is your dad, father or sir.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on March 20, 2010, 05:00:03 PM
P.S.  Quit calling your dad the "old man", he is your dad, father or sir.

I hear where that's coming from and got to explain it is probably my fault cause as we all know, "monkey see, monkey do" :doh2:

Bob it was great to be able to hear the shot even if I couldn't see the coyote.  Good job on the first bullet sent down the tube of your gun at it's first live target. :yoyo: :yoyo:  I'm kinda/sorta proud of you for this one.
DAD
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

Great Job BoB

Congrats on first blood  :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HuntnCarve

Well we knew it would not be long before we were reading this "success" post.  Way to go Bob!  We're very proud of you.  I'm especially honored that you used a call I made you.  You need to scratch a small notch in the bottom edge of the call (color it in with a red marker) for every coyote you kill with it.  I know that your new rifle will serve you well in the years to come.  Well done young man!

PS.  John is correct about the "Old Man" remark.  LOL!  We're the only ones that are allowed to refer to him as such.  Kind of a double standard...But once you get a few miles, and years under your belt, you'll understand. :wink:

Dave

HaMeR

Congratulations Bob!!!! Well done!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

Great story and pic's Job well done Bob. :yoyo: :highclap:

THANKS for sharing. :highclap:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

Bob,

Congratulations on your first shot on a live (dead now) target.  Seems like that new rifle likes you.  As for Dave's calls, all that critters love to hear them.

Jerry

slagmaker

Congrats Bob.

Proud of you young man!!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

YEA BOB!  :yoyo: :biggrin: :yoyo: :biggrin:        Way to go young man.  We're all proud of you.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Congratulations, Bob!!    :congrats:   I'm sure that will be the first of many.   :yoyo:

GunDog

Way to go little dude! Congrats on the first of many to come,  :highclap: :congrats: :highclap:

Okanagan

Congratulations!  That's good shooting.  Great photo story, and the grin on your face with the blooded rifle in the last photo is soooo cool!  It makes me grin.

weedwalker

Way to go Bob!!  :yoyo: Congradulations on your 1st kill with your new rifle. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
We'll be looking for many more to come.

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

vvarmitr

YES! WTG DD! (high 5 smiley goes here)

See you anointed your gun too. That blessed me. :wink:

I really liked the way you did the pix too.  Showing were you sat, what you could see, etc.

Like everyone else, I knew it was just a matter of time & you'd nail one, but for you to call it in & get is even better. :biggrin:

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Great write up!  Knew it was just a matter of time!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Awesome. I love the proud a s peacock stance in the phots :laf:  :yoyo:
But I like the little blood streak even more. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Kudos to you, young feller.  It just don't get any better than that, a fine young guy with a fine coyote kill.   :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff