Main Menu

Fox Pro Hand call

Started by Bills Custom Calls, March 28, 2010, 09:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

bigben

they have been out for easily two years.  there not to bad of a hand call. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

canine

The Skyote hangs on my lanyard. The tone board on this call has been what I have been lookin for, for years.

Very easy call to use and actually from such a small toneboard and reed, it does really good howls.

JD

BigB

I've got one, well, I had one.  I wasn't impressed with it.  The pitch break it had didn't work well for me.  So I gave it away to the neighbor kid.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

CCP

Haven't tied one yet but first seen it at the show in Kansas. I found it very ironic when I first arrived at the Kansas show before knowing about this call I twas talking to Joe Bradshaw about the calls we were doing together. His first statement was we can do them in any color but he did not want to do them in Blue because this was the color coyotes could see.

When I seen the new foxpro call there I was kinda confused  :confused: I immediately thought "Is Joe just going by what the newest Predator extreme article stated? or was he already aware of the foxpro blue call??

Either way I cannot give an opinion on the foxpro call for I have not tried one. If the predator extreme add is correct that coyotes see blue then it would appear foxpro make a bad color decision.  On the other hand the black coyote we killed on the first video was killed while I was leaning on a fresh thrown out BLUE 55 gal drum discarded in the woods and that coyote was killed at around 8 steps.

Also as we know the tone board on a call is everything, color and looks doesn't mean much.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

JohnP

I had one and gave it to some kid at the local Rod & Gun club.  It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that I have some others that sound a whole lot better.  Wasn't aware that they could see blue...  I wear my Wranglers or Lee's most of the time.  I only wear my camo stuff because the wife and kids buy it for me.  Can't beat Carharts's or Wall's.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Jimmie in Ky

John I too often hunt in blue jeans and a camo jacket, if it is cold I put on the camo coveralls.  And I agree with Rich that it is all in the tone board or voice of the call, I don't care what the color is if it works for me. JD knows how to work with a call as do several of us. The real test of their call is going to come from the newbies that don't.  If it is easy to use word will get around, if not it will fall to the way side as do many others each year. If it has been around for two years it hasn't made much of an impression has it?  :wink: Jimmie