• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My First Coyote! (called in)

Started by ThomasFields60, March 30, 2010, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFields60

I got off work early yesterday and a buddy I work with wanted to come over and shoot some guns. He's in the market for a deer rifle so I let him shoot my .270 to see how he likes it. Kevin is new to hunting and I'm helping him through the process of getting camo, tree stand, gun, ect. It was a very cloudy day and I figured it wouldn't hurt to go call at a new farm I picked up a couple of weeks ago. We packed up and headed over for his first ever hunt. Let me say that again, First Ever Hunt. He has never hunted a day in his life so I was really hoping we would get to see something, anything. I set the brand new Foxpro Spitfire out with a coon decoy I made myself with some turkey feathers tied to the top. The decoy worked great, the feathers were fluttering in the wind perfectly. I started off with the Lightning Jack call and within 4 minutes the coyote came trotting out of the woods in the open field. I aimed at its chest  but it must have lowered its head right as I pulled the trigger cause I hit it square between the eyes. Of course she went straight down and I got my first called in coyote! Kevin was stoked and I'm pretty sure he's hooked for life. Now he thinks he must be a good luck charm since it was his first hunt and my first coyote. I guess we'll find out Saturday when I take him for his first turkey hunt.

Me and Kevin
If its Black, gray, red, or brown............ it's down! I don't discriminate.

Todd Rahm

Bills Custom Calls

Great Job Thomas

Your buddy is going to think this is the easiest thing he has ever saw done
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

ThomasFields60

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on March 30, 2010, 08:00:49 PM
Great Job Thomas

Your buddy is going to think this is the easiest thing he has ever saw done

Yeah I know. I've been going for 6 weeks now and only seen 2 called in. He goes once and there's a dead dog within 5 minutes.
If its Black, gray, red, or brown............ it's down! I don't discriminate.

weedwalker

Way To Go Thomas. :yoyo: Congrats on your 1st, and many more to come. :highclap: :highclap:

iahntr

Congratulations on your first !  :yoyo:
There's only ever one of those.  :wink:
and you won't forget it.   :congrats:
Scott

HaMeR

YEP!! Way to go Thomas!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Congratulations on knocking down your 1st called coyote & for bringing in another responsible hunter to our sport!! Now get him signed up here already!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FozzyBear

slagmaker

Now that is how ya do it!!

Congrats Thomas!

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

Way to go!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations and thanks for sharing.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

markTNhunter

KySongDog

Nice job!  I hope you have that same luck with the turkeys!   :congrats:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

GunDog

Congrats to you fellers on both your firsts! Some folks say they get easier after the first ones but after 30 years chasing them on and off those rascals are still pretty slick! Congrats again..... :congrats:

vvarmitr

WTG Thomas. :congrats:

And a special thanks for working w/ Kevin & getting him started right.  :wink:

Okanagan

A most excellent hunt and story all around.  That grin in the photo is priceless.

Let us know about your turkey hunt.

pitw

Right flipping on :yoyo:.  A great story about an even better day :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Just the beginning, I'm sure there will be many more.  Congratulations to you and your friend.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

wked

Good job Thomas :yoyo: Your buddy will think that should happen every time!