• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First black yote

Started by Lighterknot, April 28, 2010, 07:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighterknot

I decided to go explore the back of my subdivision after work today.  There is a dirt road that goes a couple miles to a creek bottom with planted pines on one side and old growth timber on the other.  I was walking around in basically street clothes and about 25 yards away out pops a young black coyote.  I froze and luckily something behind him caught his attention.  He turned around and went back behind the bushes...that gave me a chance to get out my cell phone to get a pic when I "called" him back in.  No calls on me so I started making this chipmunk/bird noise that I make by forcing air through a pocket in my cheek(if that makes any sense).

15 seconds later and there he was, but this time he saw me as soon as he rounded the bushes and I got a picture of absolutely nothing!  Did get the blodd going a little though, and I can't wait to find out who owns that property!  Lots of deer and turkey sign as well.
Chad

FinsnFur

Oh mannnnnnn were gonna be seeing this thing hanging from it's hocks....I can tell right now  :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 28, 2010, 08:44:34 PM
Oh mannnnnnn were gonna be seeing this thing hanging from it's hocks....I can tell right now  :thumb2:

:yoyo:  Man I hope you're right Jim!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

vvarmitr

Lighterknot

I will keep you guys updated.  I have a bad feeling that some of the land is owned by whoever developed my neighborhood and I doubt they allow hunting.  Further back once the road ended I saw a box stand in what looks to be the adjacent property so I may have some luck with that if I can find out who owns it.
Chad