• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Looking for good coyote scales!

Started by Teamroper, June 08, 2010, 12:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

I am looking for a good set of scales (electronic preferred) that I can carry in my backpack that doesn't weigh a ton and is farily small but accurate. I want it strictly to weigh coyotes, foxes and bobcats. Is there such a thing? :shrug:
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

coyote101

I use a Rapala fish scale. It is digital, fairly small and measures up to fifty pounds in pounds & ounces, pounds & tenths, or kilograms and tenths. About $25 or so.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Silencer

we have the same thing, not sure if its the same brand but its digi and goes up to 50 lbs.

CCP

I think the ones we use are Berkly and go to 50 also I believe. Compact and batteries can last several seasons.

Anything over 50 we bring them to the shed to weigh on the cotton scales. Anything under 30 we hide. :laf:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: coyote101 on June 08, 2010, 01:09:55 PM
I use a Rapala fish scale. It is digital, fairly small and measures up to fifty pounds in pounds & ounces, pounds & tenths, or kilograms and tenths. About $25 or so.

Pat

Same thing I pack coyote hunting and turkeying hunting works well for me

Fuzzy

CCP

40.2 LBS you didnt have to hide that one. Nice coyote Fuzz!!

BTW how much did that fish weigh Pat?? Cant see the numbers in the pic.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyote101

Quote from: CCP on June 09, 2010, 09:24:05 PM
BTW how much did that fish weigh Pat?? Cant see the numbers in the pic.

5 pounds 12 ounces

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing