• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

backpack alpine cutthroat

Started by Okanagan, July 24, 2010, 12:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Did some backpacking with grandkids last weekend.  The lake we hiked to surprised us by being over half frozen.  Then it  froze over the open water during the night, while we slept.  It had some beautifully marked cutthroats that tasted good from a pan.

Tappen

Nice fish, and amazing scenery, might i ask where it is your were? I havn't seen know or ice in what seems like ages, working in the summer heat sure makes me wish it were winter again :D

Okanagan

Quote from: Tappen on July 24, 2010, 01:52:08 AM
Nice fish, and amazing scenery, might i ask where it is your were? I havn't seen know or ice in what seems like ages, working in the summer heat sure makes me wish it were winter again :D

Oops, left out where we were.  It is in the Olympic Mountains in Washington State, straight south of Victoria on the Olympic Peninsula, or straight west of Seattle.

Yep, today was warm enough to make me wish for some of that snow.

cb223

WOW    I can't imagine ice right now!!!!

Looks like alot of fun
CHAD

Okanagan

Quote from: cb223 on July 24, 2010, 07:59:02 AM
WOW    I can't imagine ice right now!!!!

Looks like alot of fun

Talk about fun!!! I thought my pants would never dry!

That's me in the pic above, coming to a controlled crash after sliding down a snow slope.  Skid trails in the snow are from sons and grandsons who had preceded me.  From the top of the ridge above the lake we could see Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams and Seattle, plus salt water inlets of Puget Sound, Hood Canal, etc.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

You do see some wonderful country eh :yoyo: :yoyo:.  The lad in shorts fishing over the ice is soooooooooooooo cooooooooooooool.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Jeb

So when were these pics taken, January ?  :confused:
                          Jeb

Okanagan

Quote from: Jeb on July 28, 2010, 10:24:33 AM
So when were these pics taken, January ?  :confused:
                         Jeb

They were taken July 17 & 18,  2010.  Ten days ago.  

We thought we arrived when the season was changing from early spring into summer, but when the open water on the lake froze the night of the 17th, we realized that maybe we were passing from late Fall into winter. :shrug:

Winter kind of laps itself in the cycle of the seasons at higher elevations, so winter coming in may run into the previous winter on its way out before it gets out the door. :wo:

alscalls

Way.......Way........ COOL!   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls