• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Support for President Candidate

Started by Carolina Coyote, August 09, 2010, 09:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

To support our Presidential Candidate up North so that he will know what a Cotton Plant looks like, I am posting some pictures of a Cotton Plant and a cotton Field, The Cotton is in the early blooming stage and where ever there is a  Bloom will be a Bole of Cotton, I will try to post more Pictures as the cotton progresses to show how it is harvested. CC

Hawks Feather

I was sitting here wondering what the heck you were talking about.  I must apologize for forgetting that Barry is running for President.  I will support Barry much more than the current Bole Weevil that is in the white house.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Jerry I am try to get Barry educated on Southern stuff so he can talk shop with all them Cotton Pickers come election time.  :eyebrownod: cc

HaMeR

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 09, 2010, 11:57:35 AM
Jerry I am try to get Barry educated on Southern stuff so he can talk shop with all them Cotton Pickers in the peanut gallery come election time.  :eyebrownod: cc

Did I read that right Carl??  :confused:

:alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Tappen

Carolina Coyote

Don't know about you HaMer,  :laf:  :laf:  :laf: cc

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Wow now I can say I saw a cotton plant :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  Interesting flower on them and I'm really looking forward to the continuation pics.  You know this opened a whole new can of worms right :innocentwhistle:.  What does the Bole Weevil do :shrug:[Not the grinning one Jerry is speaking of and who's[prospectors animal] I'm going to kick in the next election :eyebrow:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

They even made a song about the boll weevil.   :biggrin:  This was pretty popular back in the day. 

Carolina Coyote

Barry, The link below tells you about the weevil.

http://insects.tamu.edu/fieldguide/bimg198.html

Years ago the Bole Weevil just about wiped out the Cotton crop and now days there are massive programs to try and eradicate them, its and on going program and the Cotton field are constantly  monitored by placing traps around the fields with a lure inside that smells like a Sexually arouse female Weevil and there are people that go around the fields weekly checking for any sign of weevils .

The Candidate you need to eradicate is as Jerry said the Weevil in office now, he's probably never seen a stalk of Cotton but he is doing more damage to our Government and country than the Bole weevil could ever possibly do, You being an exterminator hopefully will be able to put an end to his destruction.   :innocentwhistle: :eyebrownod: cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 10, 2010, 08:54:36 AM
Barry, The link below tells you about the weevil.

http://insects.tamu.edu/fieldguide/bimg198.html

Thanks Carl  :bowingsmilie:.  That is a nasty looking bug and with 7 generations I can now understand more of the problems. :wink:  We hear about them up here of course in the songs and such but I've never had the opportunity to discuss them with someone knowledgeable such as yourself :yoyo:.  Eradication sounds good but I highly doubt it can be achieved :shrug:.  Being a pesticide applicator these types of things are very interesting and it's amazing how bugs of one stripe can be a lot like others I have more knowledge in.

Carolina Coyote

You are right about never being able to Eradicate them, it is a constance battle, Georgia has a very good program in place that has helped the Farmers to keep them in check, most people don't understand the problems Farmers have with Insects, weather, price of supplies, the only thing that keeps most of them going these days is The love of farming.  :readthis: cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 10, 2010, 03:55:21 PM
  the only thing that keeps most of them going these days is The love of farming.  :readthis: cc

And me  :biggrin: :biggrin:

CC do you think you could find some eggs to send up here on a fast plane :shrug:.  I can see potential in an insect like that :innocentwhistle:.

Carolina Coyote

Ya gotta learn how to grow Cotton First.  :laf:  :laf:  :biggrin: cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 11, 2010, 04:55:10 PM
Ya gotta learn how to grow Cotton First.  :laf:  :laf:  :biggrin: cc

Uuummmmm I'm seeing a problem already :doh2:.  You think there is anyway I could get a little help with that project from anyone on this board :shrug:.  If it works I'll have a place for the deposed president to work :wink:.

Carolina Coyote

Its a little late to start planting cotton now could be a next year project, do you ever go to bed? cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 12, 2010, 05:47:16 AM
  do you ever go to bed? cc

Tried that bed thing once and it was kinda/sorta boring :shrug:.  Also ended up with Dogdropper and he's more of a problem than the trip to bed was worth :laf: :laf:. Ijavascript:void(0); just play with work any more.

Carolina Coyote