• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Layout Boat

Started by BigB, September 18, 2010, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I bought a MoMarsh layout boat last week, to help me get into some new areas to hunt ducks this fall.  I've been working on it this week to start getting it ready, as duck season can't get here soon enough!  It's far from ready for duck season yet, as I still have to paint it and brush it up.  Another thing I will do to it is cut the shaft down on the trolling motor.  The shortest shaft this model of trolling motor comes with is 48" but I'm going to cut it down to around 30" or so.

Some build pics:

I couldn't wait any longer, as I had to take it out tonight on it's maiden voyage.

Hurry up November!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

pitw

Too cool :yoyo:.  Around here we'd of shot at you for having one of them to scare our birds away, but I've learned on here that things are different every where and require different tactics.  That looks like it would be super effective and probably half comfy :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

That looks kinda cool actually. And even more practical.  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That looks wide and flat enough that it should be pretty stable.  Should be fun.

Jerry

Silencer

Very nice, i've always wanted to try one of them.

Silencer

Here's my bud Ryans new one, he picked up the Stealth.

I want a canoe for some reason.

Hawks Feather

Canoes are a blast, but I don't think I want to do any shotgun shooting from mine.  Several companies make a "fisherman" for lack of a better term that are wider and I have tried them.  Sort of like paddling a truck, but they are pretty stable.  If you are thinking of being on the muddy waters where you can't see the rocks, get a Royalex.  Royalex seam to glide over the rocks and not get holes. 

Jerry

BigB

I looked at those Stealth's, but they just sat up too high for me.  I don't want to sit up very high above the water when I am fully concealed.  But those chairs would come in handy if you were gonna use that little boat to fish out of.  I also like the gun rack on the Stealth.  I don't have that on the MoMarsh.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Silencer

yep about sitting up high, we'll have to hunt cattails or the such.  He just picked up a bunch of marsh grass for it.   

Jerry, dont think I'd actually hunt out of it but just to use to get where I want to go.   Float down the river to the back wash areas or certain places to set up.   

Todd Rahm

Thats a pretty cool set up ya have there "B".  :biggrin: